Rock Band Ghost will Sponsor Bayley Currey's NASCAR Infinity Series car at Phoenix

Rock Band Ghost will Sponsor Bayley Currey's NASCAR Xfinity Series car at Phoenix

By Joe Cingrana

Gather 'round, ghouls. The band Ghost is getting behind the wheel with JD Motorsports and Texas NASCAR driver Bayley Currey for a team-up this Saturday, March 12, at the Phoenix Raceway to celebrate the release of their latest album, IMPERA.

In a message to their clergy on Instagram, Ghost announced they were "ecstatic to be teaming up with the Bowtie Brigade," while shouting out Currey himself, saying, "Let's drop the Unholy Hammer!"

The GRAMMY-winning Swedish rockers will be featured prominently on Currey’s number 4 Chevrolet Camaro -- also known as the "Papa 4 car” – which will be unveiled at the NASCAR Xfinity Series United Rentals 200 at Phoenix Raceway just a day after the band drops their brand new album, IMPERA, on March 11.

The car's design scheme features the band an record lable logos as well as a number of other related sponsors. 

JD Motorsports VP of Sales and Marketing, Tony Priscaro, said in a press release, "It's rocked working with Ghost and Loma Vista Recordings on this car. We can't wait to put the pedal to the metal."

“I’m ready to rock,” says Currey. “I’m excited about this one, and I know the boys at the shop are excited about this one too, we have a lot of metal fans on our team. Once we heard a deal was imminent, we started working on the cars to Ghost songs. With Ghost on my car, I am ready to take on the world.”

It may seem like an odd pairing, but it's certainly not the strangest thing the band, made up of nameless demonic faces fronted by their fearless leader, Papa Emiratus III.