Cotton Bowl Speedway

rails

Well done this weekend. Great racing with the Outlaws as well as the support classes. And the staff couldn't have been more pleasant the entire weekend. From the time that I checked in with the motorhome on Friday until I drove out of there on Sunday morning. They were just outstanding. And a big big crowd on Saturday for sure. 

5 hours ago, texasprd said:

Agreed! I've been trying to see the Outlaws at Cottonbowl for years, so it was great to finally make it and the racing was great! It was announced that Saturday's crowd was a record for the track.

Yes, big crowd on Saturday, and it was pretty good Friday night as well. Its such a nice track. I camped next to Sam Hafertepe Sr. over the weekend. Jr. was having a pretty good night in the 15H on Saturday, but those last 5 laps are hell in the Outlaws, somebody always ready to pounce. 

I would like to say that the staff at Cotton Bowl was exceptional over the weekend. From the time I checked in on Friday, my name was on the camping list, they asked if I had a preference on where I wanted to be. They came by and picked up the trash. The folks that worked the front gate were great, as well as the concession folks. I hope it was a successful weekend for them. 

This was my view of the races Friday and Saturday night as we were racing in Meeker, OK. The races looked like they were damn good races and the track was in great shape. Sheldon showed the Haud line all Friday night.

I was talking very highly of the facility, the crew and Mary Ann and H to a lot of people this weekend as they were asking me about the track. I told them hands down that track has one of the best promoters in the state. She cares about the racers, crews and the fans. Great job Cotton Bowl now book in some ASCS Shows so we can come down there and run.

668143335.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg