NASCAR Goes Short-Trackin' @ the Coliseum

www.PortA.Today - NASCAR Goes Short-Trackin' @ the LA Coliseum!

I for one ... will be watching this weekend. Congrats to NASCAR for presenting this concept. NASCAR Cup cars racing for no-points/all bucks ... on a 1/4-mile asphalt short track?

They'll be back to money, blood & beer again. Just like the good ol' days! Hope they race hard ... stay safe ... & put on a great show!

logo.thumb.png.17acca45469a435deb47aaffbce356e8.png

Edited by BeachBum

I agree, things are looking up @ NASCAR. Let's hope that trend continues?

As for Bristol ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I don't think they belong on dirt either.  However, I hope they continue to push the envelope at more venues!

Entertainment sells tix.  The same ol', same ol' ... gets ignored.

Edited by BeachBum

great move. want people to latch on to "short track" racing? Hook this audience. To me living up to this will be the key.

Why not a regular short track? Do you want 2000 fans or 50,000?

Give it a chance tune in and remember short-track racing is hardly what it used to be.

Dirt isn't either I went to many Waco, Stars & Stripes Speedway and McAllen races the landscape is way different, like it or not people will like this and go to our dirt tracks. If I operated a dirt track I'd be promoting the Clash to my base. This is going to go well. The BMS dirt race was over-hyped and failed IMO. These aren't dirt racing cars. 

I was on a deal this week with a lady in California and she asked me about dirt racing for NASCAR. My answer is simple. If you want to go down that road have these teams spend some money and build some I-Stocks, with that IMCA package and go racing. Keep these kit cars on the pavement.

This 1/4 mile race will be fun.

bms was only a failure due to 3 days of flooding rain where they couldn't prep the track.  also they ran it during the day.  there is a reason we run dirt races at night.  BMS dirt was giving the same FU that COTA was given.  this year it is on Saturday night and hopefully the rain stays away so we can get a turn Cup race on a properly prepared Dirt track.  The race tonight was a great race and entertaining.   

I don't know anyone familiar with motorsport promotions ... who thinks last nights race was anything ... but a homerun. 

Huge live & TV audience. Loads of positive post-race publicity!  I hope they do it again.  Well done NASCAR!

Gotta give NASCAR a tip of the hat for a job well done.Format was right by putting the attention on the last transfer spots. I generally don't like bulldozer type racing but it is fun to watch. Next track has to be Bowman-Gray. Similar type of track that seats close to 10,000.

6 hours ago, arob said:

Gotta give NASCAR a tip of the hat for a job well done.Format was right by putting the attention on the last transfer spots. I generally don't like bulldozer type racing but it is fun to watch. Next track has to be Bowman-Gray. Similar type of track that seats close to 10,000.

Yes sir, great show.  It captured a new audience. That's the future.  It's replaying right now on FS1. 

Note to track designers.  The straights are curved.  Sure helps produce sideways action... 

logo.thumb.png.17acca45469a435deb47aaffbce356e8.png

Edited by BeachBum