SLM $25,000 to win

24nomo

Uh, No....

I was a little off, I went back and watched a video on Alverson Motorsports facebook page.  It is asphalt Super Late Models, $50,000 to win and $10,000 to start the race, not points championship.  "THE RACE"   I dont know anything about it, just telling you what I read.  Go look for yourself.  Rodney is going to have him live on Feb 7.

Edited by 24nomo

I sure hope that this is true. If he plans on it being in TX, I can only think of 2 places. HMS & SA. Now if he would consider my idea stated in a different post, COTA sure sounds great to me.. HMS is a great facility, but then you get into the conversation of renting/leasing the track on dates that don't interfere with current circle/drag racing dates. And with the circle track dates comes possible hurt feelings. If my memory is working right today, there were only 2-3 races nights at HMS for stock cars. Who knows, maybe they both want to integrate his SLM races into the already scheduled shows at HMS. I haven't been by Thunderhill in a couple of years. I don't know if there is anything left of it. I heard that if you were in the loop, that there was some "open practices" happening on the occasional Sat. nights, after about 9pm. There's something terribly wrong that we don't have asphalt SLMs racing in TX. Couple that with there only 2-3 asphalt racing dates missing SLMs, it's really heart breaking.

I don't know Mr. Alverson, and I trust that this is all on the up & up. So I sure hope this comes to fruition. It would be nearly a 450 mile round trip, but I'd sure try and go..

Would have to be at HMP, unless they somehow get TMS or COTA. SAS is not in shape to run a race sadly, Thunderhill is gone completely and CCS was sold to a local wrecker company and track no longer available. Asphalt racing altogether is scarce in Texas at a grassroots level except for those trying to keep Houston going. Hope this works better than previous attempts to draw Late Models to Texas.

I wonder how many start and Parkers there would be.  With 10 grand to start, wouldnt that be something.  Your could not start and park and break even.  You would have to make the race first, and like the snowball, that isnt cheap.  

Edited by 24nomo

Nothing else new on the show.  The cryptic stance is puzzling.  With that kind of money,  if they paid first place 50 grand and everyone else 10 grand, that is $300,000.   That will put the truck series out of business.   I just dont see it being sustainable.  Where is that kind of money coming from?

I dont know what it means, but he kept saying Super Late Model Racing without the BS, referencing the SSS and CRA.  I dont know what the BS is, but I like both of those.  Maybe BS is good for a series.  Both of those are doing well.   But with no info other that the alleged purse, this one is a little tough to follow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...