Texas Sprint Series 2022 Schedule

9 hours ago, NickHolt said:

I wish it were a simple process to bring touring series to local tracks.  It's not.  

Never said it was simple Nick.  :D  It takes demand for the show, a facility that can host it, a series willing to travel for a purse the track can absorb ... and a sponsor willing to help finance it.  I accomplished it around 20 times.  It can be done!  :)

12 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Never said it was simple Nick.  :D  It takes demand for the show, a facility that can host it, a series willing to travel for a purse the track can absorb ... and a sponsor willing to help finance it.  I accomplished it around 20 times.  It can be done!  :)

You said the key word-----TRAVEL....Texana does fairly well due to the proximity to Houston with the SUS Series....Most of other series have drivers based in the north Texas area.....It sucks since the sprints always draw a good crowd, but rarely have a full field.

Yes Reb, back in the day if travel was an issue, I requested a double points show.  

In return, we offered a stronger purse, plus fuel certificates, sponsored by a local fuel station (and other sponsored perks like food & beer) for every team that entered.  That made the 'travel' issue a lot easier to swallow for race teams.

Nick, I tried to help some SoTex tracks, but they didn't want to listen so I retired.  Now I'm a fulltime beach bum with a website who terrorizes the tourists on an electric fat bike. 

Life's a beach now!  :D

ebiker.png

12 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Yes Reb, back in the day if travel was an issue, I requested a double points show.  

Hopefully the Fri/Sat 2-day show in April for the ASCS Elite Non-wing Sprints at TRP/STRR will be a good draw for guys from north Texas....My early pick would be that White 'kid' out of Temple/Academy....He's got a pretty impressive resume in racing.;) 

Copy that Reb.

Hopefully the ASCS SoTex swing ... produces some strong shows.  I prefer wings, but sprint cars almost always shine either way! 

Thanks for the driver pick!  Maybe he'll help out with my grandstand bets?   B)