Announcers beware

arob

I read this earlier today on Reddit and the post had been removed by Twitter. Good for the announcer for standing up for being an American 🇺🇸. I guess this racetrack doesn’t say a prayer before the race either, heaven forbid (pun intended) . I fondly remember our own Nick Holt giving prayers before races and they were great and heartfelt too. 

4 hours ago, arob said:

I DONT GO TO A MOVIE to watch ten minutes of advertisment .and i dont go to a race to hear his openion and rant .even if i agree with alot of his stuff .. .i go to have fun and get away  from daily life  .. .

As the Track Chaplain, I used to offer the invocation at HMP.  I was always amazed at the number of folks who would give a hearty "Amen," but there were a few who complained mightily to the track management. 

One such person posted something on the HMP Facebook page to the effect that if they wanted to hear a sermon, they'd go to church and demanded that the invocations cease.  The track wrote back that if they didn't want to hear the invocation, they could stay home.  End of subject!

Nick

11 hours ago, arob said:

If only more would stand up to the "woke" crowd

Since I'm retired and in no fear of retaliation from employers, I find it MUCH easier to speak my mind ...gotta be careful nowadays

WELL I DIDNT HAVE TO RETIRE TO SPEAK MY MIND . i always spoke it whether the  boss liked it or not ..  MET  our new DM  about three weeks after he took over our area  we shook hands and after words he said u must be the other mike i heard about . yeppers i said so he asked me a another question about something that went on and found out   he puts his shoes on  just like everyone else does .. .. he could have fired me  like he did a few  others in that three weeks over a lot  less than his answer he got from me . .  MUTUAL RESPECT .. kept us on good terms ..THATS IS THE KEY  A LOST ART .....    woke crowd  .lol whos that im not afraid of no woker 

Edited by HiTech