$1333 Showdown

Jennings takes 3rd and Beaver cracking the top 5. Miraculous save by Hessong who got way loose out of 4 and noone wrecked behind him. Whitmire, Maupin, Jennings, Calles-McDonald and H. Stewart top 5 at the midpoint. Stewart takes 4th. Maupin trying to reel in Whitmire as they get into traffic.

Great racing and a well run show at STS ! Track was fast and racy both nights so hats off for track prep. Always good to see Whitmire win. He and Maupin put a ton of distance on the rest of the field. Factory Stock , as always, never fails to put on great racing. Great job by Temple staying cool after losing the lead to Torres and racing back to the win in the closing laps. The best part is they raced hard and clean which to me is much better than shoving one out of the way. Great job by the STS staff , all the drivers and race teams!

LOTS OF EMOTION GOING ON LAST NIGHT WITH THE LOSS OF TWO GREAT MEN ..  ...  i even got a little choke or two  when  both drivers lead the fields ..  jerry not really being able to speak after his win .. the fans standing  with thier salutes ..  the whole night was heavy hearted but every one put on a great show  the track was good the drivers   for the most part were good to each other on the track   a really honor for our two lost racers ...   . i sat up in the stands for the first time  with nick holt and family  seeing we didnt make the race  with a broken spool and exploded drive shaft .. sorta  a let down for us the car was good and we wanted to have the honor racing  in memory  as well ..  but sitting up there  in the stands showed just how much a family racing really is even if it was your first  time to a track    it was proven we really are a family and everyone is welcome to join  and be a part ..

Thank you so much, Top_Shelf!  You add so much to Lone Star Speedzone.  I wish there were some way I could repay you.... but I go in the hole every month trying to keep the site up and running.

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

Thank you so much, Top_Shelf!  You add so much to Lone Star Speedzone.  I wish there were some way I could repay you.... but I go in the hole every month trying to keep the site up and running.

i tried to give you 50 cents ..

Nick, just glad you made it down. Didn't know you were in town. I enjoy doing these, especially when I know most of the drivers at least by name, but I do wish I had enough to get a car of my own. Maybe soon but until then, I'll do these unless Reb is at the same track.

Edited by top_shelf_12