Purse Adjustments

We are making a few adjustments in the purse structure for all three classes. One adjustment across the board will be all feature finishing positions that would normally receive $30 or $20 will now receive $40. We have doubled the pay on the bottom positions.

The other adjustment will be a third breakdown in the purse for additional cars. If more than 20 cars start the feature in SS the winner will receive $600, for Pure Stock and Texas Thunder more than 20 cars will get you $300 for the winner.

If you have any questions please call me at 361-533-1473

Owen Pittman

• 3 years later...

Does anybody remember these days?Thats what we all need to work tward and eventually we can do it again.We all have to work together.The Thunder class can lead the way to racing todays daily drivers again.And be faster than the golden years. JMO.

yea 2005 was a great year, the best year that I ever remember in my time racing thunders. car count was up in all classes. it was a coin toss on who was going to win the thunder feature that year. I recall G.B., me, EJ, Tim, Todd, Bobby, Gage, and Ronald all won features that year. we had 24 cars one night and over 20 quite a few times. that was some fun stuff racin through all that traffic. it was kind of like a video game, like cops and robbers lol! man I miss that. G.B. do you remember who was good at winning those big money races?

best years for thunders i remember .was 90 91 and 92 ..i was racen every week back then .. owned two cars ..and the class rules were closest they have ever been ..alot of different winners back then .closer racen than what we have now .everyone helping everyone ... cant speak for todays racen in the thunders .havent raced at cc for some time against the todays drivers.. hear they are haveing fun . with all the work and not so good luck this last season .running with tps .the one thing i and lisa and jessie can say is one of the main things that kept us working hard .spent umpteen amounts of dallors .. long driveing hours .hundreds and hundreds of miles .was the drivers we race aganst ........ those drivers and teams are worth every trip we took .... ..... heck even the teckman is great ... we felt neil had the rules purty darn good .. plus lalos and ricos cooken ...priceless ..... i may add i think cc is going in the right direction ..may take some more time .but it will work out ..

• 2 weeks later...
I was on the bullrings website and it only had ten spots paid for super streets, even with 17 cars .Is that meaning only the top ten get paid, and is that how the mods and super late models will be paid.And Rosie it says 2005 not 1995.

I blame the paint fumes.

I always blame the paint fumes......

Archived