CONGRATZ

HiTech

He's excited to take over the Chief Meteorologist job as Bill Vessey retires, but is sad that he will no longer hold down the morning shift.  He and John Thomas made a good team and they had built up a solid following on that morning show. 

The good thing is that Alan has a solid interest in stock car racing and grew up in the pits at San Antonio Speedway where I worked, crewed, etc, for many years and is always willing to give his honest forecast to track officials when they're figuring out whether to cancel or race.  Nobody's perfect, but he usually isn't too far off.

IMO  WE HAVE NOT  had a great  weatherman  since charley st john   hands down  in any local station ...  the oil field  we relied alot on our weathermen . my grand father and uncle were shrimpers  and they relied heavenly on charley .. .. charley in those days was spot on more than anyone and that saved lives .. .  . NICK you remember mike torres at autozone  i told him you and alan were coming over to the store  he loved your visits greatly  but that day you were in second place   ALAN HAS THAT DRAW YOU IN MAGIC  he makes you listen  HE MAKES YOU WANT TO LISTEN .. , i stopped watching local weather at night .now i can watch it more often .. odios bill ..

Edited by HiTech