Austin Wayne Self, AM Racing  set for NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway for the FR8 Auctions 200.

Fast Facts:

No. 22 AM Racing Team:
Driver: Austin Wayne Self
Primary Partner(s): GO TEXAN | AM Technical Solutions
Manufacturer: Chevrolet Silverado 
Crew Chief: Ryan Salomon
2021 Driver Points Position: 10th (T) | 2021 Owner Points Position: 14th
FR8 Auctions 200 Starting Position: 12th (Based on event formula)
Chassis Intel: AMR Chassis No. 109 brand new chassis at AM Racing.

Engine: Ilmor Racing Technologies

Notes of Interest:

Texas Pride: Two Texas-based companies will return as the primary partners for Austin Wayne Self this weekend at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway. The Statesville, N.C.-based team will sport the signage of GO TEXAN and AM Technical Solutions on the No. 22 Chevrolet Silverado for the fourth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race of the season.  The AM Racing team will also receive support from Don’t mess with Texas, AIRBOX Air Purifier, CForce Bottling Company, Flying Circle, and Kreuz Market.

Making his fifth career Truck Series start at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway this weekend. In his previous four outings at the 1.5-mile speedway, he earned a track-best of 15th in the second race of 2018. Last season, he finished 30th after encountering tire issues early in the race. Since 2016, he carries an average finish at Atlanta of 22.0 and has completed 514 of 530 laps available for a 97 percent lap completion.

Race Information:  The FR8 Auctions 200 (130 laps | 200.02 miles) is the fourth of 22 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races on the 2021 schedule. The 40-truck field will take the green flag on Sat., Mar. 20, 2021 shortly after 2:30 p.m. ET with live coverage on FOX Sports 1, the Motor Racing Network (Radio) and SiriusXM Satellite Radio NASCAR Channel 90. 

Las Vegas Motor Speedway | Bucked Up 200 Race Recap: On his 25th birthday in Sin City, Austin Wayne Self drove his No. 22 AIRBOX Air Purifier Chevrolet Silverado to a strong 14th-place finish in the third race of the 2021 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. The team was able to rebound from some early handling woes and allow Self to post his best finish of the year in 14th.

To The Point(s): Entering Atlanta, Self sits tied for 10th in the championship standings tied with fellow NASCAR driver Carson Hocevar. Just 22 points separate Self from fifth in the championship standings currently held by Chandler Smith with 19 races remaining this season. AM Racing also secures 14th in the NCWTS owner standings.

He's Back!: Ryan Salomon who joined the AM Racing team as crew chief last October at Kansas Speedway will continue to lead the Statesville, N.C.-based team as crew chief of the GO TEXAN | AM Technical Solutions Silverado in 2021. In his four races as crew chief for Self last year, he guided the Austin, Texas native to two top-10s and four top-20 efforts and carrying an average finish of 13.75 in the final stint of the 2020 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season.

Career Rundown: Since 2016, Self has competed in 110 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, delivering two top-five and nine top-10 finishes. He finished a career-best 12th in the championship standings in 2018. On speedways larger than one-mile, Self has 64 NCWTS starts with three top-10s and an average finish of 19th.

I Do….: During the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series off-season, Austin Wayne Self married longtime girlfriend Jennifer Anderson, sister of fellow NASCAR Camping World Truck and Xfinity Series driver Jordan Anderson in December.

Did You Know:? Austin Wayne Self and his wife Jennifer have seven chickens and a dog named Echo.

Austin Wayne Self Pre-Race Quotes:  “Atlanta hasn’t been the kindest to me over the years, but I’m hoping the momentum we are carrying will pay dividends this weekend. Track position and handling especially on newer tires are going to make such a difference at Atlanta this weekend because of the tire wear. I just hope we are in a position to take advantage of that if we get a late-race caution. The goal at Atlanta is to leave there with another solid finish and make sure we are in a good spot for the highly anticipated Bristol dirt race.”

On Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway Finish: “I can’t thank everyone on this AM Racing team for all their hard work. We had a good No. 22 AIRBOX Air Purifier Chevrolet throughout much of the race. We were strong on restarts but just came a little short of a top-10 finish. I’m really happy with the performance of our team to start the year and can’t wait for Atlanta.”

On 2021 Season After Three Races: “I’m really proud of my AM Racing team. I know it has only been three races so far in 2021, but I think we have shown that we have it what it takes to be contenders this season. We showed speed in our trucks at Daytona, on the Road Course of Daytona and even at Las Vegas. It’s going to be crucial for us to continue to showcase our ability this weekend at Atlanta.”  

Social Spotlight:  Follow on Social Media: For more on Austin Wayne Self, please visit awsracing.com, like his Facebook page (Austin Wayne Self) or follow him on Twitter @AustinWSelf.  For more on AM Racing, please visit AMRacingteam.com, like their Facebook page (AM Racing) or follow them on Twitter @AMRacingNASCAR. 

About AM Racing: AM Racing is a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) team headquartered in Statesville, N.C. Established in December 2015, AM Racing is prided on faith, honesty and intelligent performance.