Chad Heath notches pair of top-10s in Oklahoma, Texas

For immediate release:
Chad Heath Racing
Tel: 207.689.6630

Chad Heath doubles up with pair of top-10 finishes in two states
Southern Stampede, Cotton Bowl kind to Maine native

LAMESA, Texas (March 15, 2021) — For Maine native and north Texas resident Chad Heath, racing in two southern states on the same weekend was an amazing experience. Competing at two tracks he'd never raced on before, he dug deep and found success against some very stiff competition. 

The former iRacing  enthusiast turned dirt-track racer pulled off a pair of top-10 runs in Oklahoma and Texas. It began with a solid ninth-place run on Friday night in the IMCA Southern Stampede at Southern Oklahoma Speedway in Ardmore, then continued with a strong fifth-place finish in the season opener at Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige, Texas, on Saturday. 

“After a big disappointment on Thursday night, it sure felt good to bounce back with decent runs in the next two outings,” Heath said. “I missed the A Main by one spot on Thursday, so I was determined to make the show on Friday night. The level of competition up there was pretty intense. 

“All I had done was practice at Cotton Bowl before, so this was my first actual race there. They run hard all night there, and it's a well prepared, fast track. Once I figured out where to run and got comfortable there, it kinda came together. There are some tough racers in Sport Mod at Cotton Bowl.” 

Heath is beginning his second season of driving on dirt ovals after being around the sport his entire life. He has a cousin from his home state of Maine who is in two different Hall of Fame's, the New England Auto Racing Hall of Fame and the Maine Motorsports Hall of Fame. You may have heard of the three-time Oxford 250 winner and leader in feature wins there (151), Mr. Mike Rowe. 

“Mike made his mark in the sport decades ago, and somehow continues to run competitively at the age of 70 in an asphalt Super Late Model. I've always admired his tenacity and skills on any oval. He has that ability to adapt to track conditions and his car; I'm hoping to work on those skills myself.”

Heath is just one of hundreds of IMCA Southern SportMod racers spread around the deep south chasing a dream. They dream of a National title, of running as many races as possible and of course, of enjoying quality time at the track with friends and family. For Heath, it's a natural way of life. 

“While I may not have been behind the wheel of a race car all these years, I've followed the sport closely and known lots of lifelong drivers. Today, I have a good car and can learn from others as I go along. I'm having a blast down here and loving the dirt track life. It sure helps when I run well.” 

Heath will now focus on his goal of winning IMCA Southern SportMod Rookie-of-the-Year honors for 2021. Last year, he earned Rookie-of-the-Year honors at West Texas Raceway in their Limited Modified class. In eight starts, he earned three top-10 finishes, including a pair of top-fives. 

To read race recaps and see photos from the 2021 season, visit the team's Facebook page often at www.facebook.com/chadheathracing

(Photo credit: Rachel Plant) 

Chad Heath at CBS.jpg