NASCAR promo for "Last Asphalt Short Track in Texas"

NickHolt

i hope they can keep on running ..  one racetrack i think would still be here had it not been a lawsuit .. others i would say mismanaged in some points .. i know one  track had issue with favortism and if you dont like it leave  attitude or  our  way or  the highway ..well the highway racers took .. .dirt at the time was cheaper then .not anymore that is heading the same direction up.  just the price of a good factory stock  is way more than should be spent .but if you want to compete you have to spend the big bucks ,, use to able to build two cars for the price of one now not that long ago   either .. ..one reason my son has a car in my garrage not far from being ready but the cost has taken some pep away even if the car was ready  .. .so save the moeny for something else .will his car make it out this year maybe . .so i hope and wish houston the best ...if they do set up a factory stock race we will be there  a whole bunch will show up ..  dirt racing is fun but i would rather be running that hot and hard on tires pavement .. that is still in my blood ..

Edited by HiTech

Got to give Ms. Knowles and her staff a tip of the hat and a standing O for all she has done and continues to do keeping asphalt racing alive in this area. The most telling comment in this piece is having to travel 12 hours to the next asphalt track. Hopefully HMP will continue to grow. 

Nascar is stepping up to the plate.   Marcus Lemonis is certainly doing his part and is giving back to the racers and crews.  His Sponsorship has netted him big time and he is giving back.   Who said we need fans in the stands?  Things are booming man

10 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Nascar is stepping up to the plate.   Marcus Lemonis is certainly doing his part and is giving back to the racers and crews.  His Sponsorship has netted him big time and he is giving back.   Who said we need fans in the stands?  Things are booming man

another stupid remark .who needs fans in the stands .. 

I hope she can keep it going and growing. Growing up around asphalt racing at CCS, SAS and Longhorn, I remember when all 3 could run, have great car counts, good crowds and great racing. May have to make a trip to HMP at some point but the dirt racing around the state is so good, it's going to be difficult, but HMP seems a little more racy than CCS and THR were the past few times I went and really do wish HMP very well and think they're on the right track. Best wishes to HMP and those asphalt drivers left.

13 hours ago, HiTech said:

another stupid remark .who needs fans in the stands .. 

Yes, it does sound stupid, but that is what it is.   The TV deal is about $8,000,000,000 (8 bbbbbbbiiiiillion).  The tracks get 65% of that, 25% goes to the purses and Nascar gets 10%.   The deal goes for 3 more years.  With todays business model, they may be the next Netflix.   That is how the market is now, that is how to reach fans.    It may be stupid, but billions of dollars pay bills.    Who knows, maybe they will give these dirt tracks money to show their factory stocks.  

9 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Yes, it does sound stupid, but that is what it is.   The TV deal is about $8,000,000,000 (8 bbbbbbbiiiiillion).  The tracks get 65% of that, 25% goes to the purses and Nascar gets 10%.   The deal goes for 3 more years.  With todays business model, they may be the next Netflix.   That is how the market is now, that is how to reach fans.    It may be stupid, but billions of dollars pay bills.    Who knows, maybe they will give these dirt tracks money to show their factory stocks.  

yep money talks doesnt it .and that will hurt nascar once that ends .

Edited by HiTech

I'm sure any track that runs Factory Stocks would accept $8 billion. It would be a better investment, Would rather watch a Factory Stock hot lap session than a 3-4 hour NASCAR race any day of the week. $7.2 billion spread out to every dirt track that runs Factory Stocks, the other $800 million for the tracks/promoters themselves, yeah that would bring good payouts, car counts, crowds, etc for an enjoyable race with more relatable drivers and teams. Yeah a $8 billion deal would be awesome for dirt tracks. We could only wish Factory Stocks and dirt racing had that kind of support since they put on a better show for a whole lot less.

15 hours ago, HiTech said:

yep money talks doesnt it .and that will hurt nascar once that ends .

Yes it sure does.  The money will not end for Nascar, it just goes up and down.  The money ends for me and you when they bury us.  They money is for the people after us.  

8 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

I'm sure any track that runs Factory Stocks would accept $8 billion. It would be a better investment, Would rather watch a Factory Stock hot lap session than a 3-4 hour NASCAR race any day of the week. $7.2 billion spread out to every dirt track that runs Factory Stocks, the other $800 million for the tracks/promoters themselves, yeah that would bring good payouts, car counts, crowds, etc for an enjoyable race with more relatable drivers and teams. Yeah a $8 billion deal would be awesome for dirt tracks. We could only wish Factory Stocks and dirt racing had that kind of support since they put on a better show for a whole lot less.

But the Nascar life is so much more than the 3-4 hour race.  You get in your RV that you bought from Camping World, load up the family, the dogs and the grill, head to the venue on Thursday.  Set up in the camp ground, grill some burgers, drink some beer, watch the races, load back up on Monday and come home.  It is a 4 or 5 day event that you can do as many time a year as you want. 

I would rather do that than go to any dirt race, but to each his own.    Dirt is not my deal, but enjoy it while I enjoy the other

38 minutes ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Money talks in all forms of racing, always has always will.

Hard to keep costs down and the cost of doing business never flattens out. 

like to see toyota  spend some money at a local dirt track more often get to know the drivers whom many many have started on paved .you could say many  driver started city slickers like alot of us did and became dirt farmers  . i was once a dirt hater i thought the boys played  on the dirt and men raced on pavement . but reality  you better be just alittle  more talented to race hard on dirt .. no two turns are alike no two laps are the same  but will dirt racing  help you learn how to control a car better on pavement .. yes ... .

Dirt tracks do have that as well, USMTS, WoO just to name a few, but then again those cars probably approach the cost of a NASCAR team as well. Hey nothing wrong with enjoying what you do, it's still racing, but if people put as much money into dirt series as they do NASCAR, imagine how much more that would bring in. However, don't think there are too many "cookie cutter" dirt tracks 1 mile+ in length which is probably a draw for dirt fans. May not break 200 mph on dirt but seeing drivers carry 100 mph+ while going sideways and presence of mind to set up passes while doing so is fun to watch. My personal wish would have every track be under 1 mile personally but obviously with a longer than mile, you get to see the speed in full force, at least the few seconds every lap they're in front of you. But yes, to each their own and NASCAR is what most people recognize as racing so if they fail, the failures trickle down to the local tracks as far as bringing in a casual fan with no affiliations to anyone at the local track. On the flipside, if the local product isn't too good, there won't be an attraction to watch televised races.