Sames Ford Bash at the Beach

top_shelf_12

7 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

May I remind you, I'm usually wet while at work too. I like cold, I don't mind wet, but not together add in it was 4 days of making sewer repairs in 40 degree weather. I know the oil field guys are probably laughing at this though. It always seems like the track is at least ten degrees cooler than it is in the city.

Or ten degrees hotter .. it does not get as cold as it use to . you remember  growing up  in corpus we use to ice over for a  week and more at a time and working on rigs graveyard  in the 70s got nasty   in the  teens raining wind blowing 40 plus soaking wet  no place to hide up on a tripple   yes it was cold and i would get cold and at times sometimes go   hide between the motors to get some warmth .but over all it never seemed to bother me .. but cold is cold wet and cold is worst .. the older i get the more chills i have but still can take it and usually only wear a long sleeve  or wind breaker to keep the older age skin from turning white dry  and itchy .. i really dont call poeple sissies in the winter unless for fun   because i am a sissy in the summer .i cant take the heat it just takes the energy right out of me .. i have gotten more done in the last two weeks at home than anytime during the same amount of time during the summer .THE work you do isnt much fun when wet windy and cold .. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I much rather have it cold or cool than 100s. I did scrape ice off my windshield before work one morning last week. Global warming I guess that's why we've had snow 2-3 times in the last 10-20 years and probably will snow again within the next 10 years. Not scientific guess, just a hunch, there is a Holt that may be able to answer that with scientific data though lol. I'd take ice and snow over another hurricane though. That wasn't fun at all. Never underestimate the power of Mother Nature.

Yes Nick, I saw a report on that earlier. Didn't stick around for tech and have no idea what it was for and wouldn't say it if I did know. Evidently tech was strict as a Factory Stock driver won his Heat and had to go through a B Main due to a tech issue. So Gould, Temple and Mikulencak all swept the weekend races. In fairness to Marcus, he was challenging Maupin in the latter part of the race so it wasn't like he was a distant second on the track, one slip up and he would have crossed first but those two always seemed like they were racing each other all year last year so no surprise 2021 started the same way and it doesn't matter what cars they're in as both have driven multiple cars. Marcus drove Aramendia's car this weekend and Maupin in a Pollaro car.

8 hours ago, NickHolt said:

As I understand it,  Marcus Mikulencak won the Sport Mod feature after Jared Maupin was DQ'd

from what i understand his rods  were smooth no seam that stock rods have ..  when we use to polish our own rods  that was what we smoothed off ..