Jerry Whiteaker Memorial Night

top_shelf_12

Hot laps are still commencing as the drivers make final preparations for the $5000 to win Topless Sport Mods and $3000 to win Factory Stocks.

It's a brisk, but mainly dry night. Should be a great night of racing. I don't have any contact with track officials during the event and commentary is based on my observations from the stands. All Results are Unofficial. 

Too much moisture from the showers to work into the track tonight. The call has been made to resume tomorrow afternoon at 1 pm. If you have the ticket stub from tonight, it will be honored tomorrow afternoon. I may not be able to make it tomorrow but the racing has been good and the 30 Lap for $3000 Factory Stock and $5000 50 lapper for Sport Mod should be outstanding. 

If I can't make it tomorrow, thank you for reading and Thank You to all the drivers, crews, fans and staff at STS for another great year through the mess 2020 was. I know there is another event next weekend, but prior commitments will prevent me from attending next weekend as Modifieds return to STS along with Topless Sport Mods and 305 Sprints (if they can commit). This may be my last race post of 2020 so I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday season and New Year as most will be happy to kiss 2020 goodbye and wish for a better, safer, healthier 2021.

Knew it would not be dry enough to restart .but good try came off the track with about 200 hundred pounds of mud lol ..listening to the cars packing the track you could hear the smack of the tires trying to pull the mud up . 48 degrees wasn't helping the drying ..i think we made it in on a provisional car was fast  but green light first turn 32  came around and took out the right rear rim and tire missed all the wrecks we should have been in edna  but this one got us .. . thats racing folks ..