darn

HiTech

14 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Alan does his level best to keep folks informed. 

Father  INLAW  asked that you tell alan he is number one . the main  weatherman they like to watch ..  he takes the time to explain and teaches you what to look for .. / when alan in mentioned with charley saint john  that is a big compliment down here for those who remember charley ...we all put our faith and lives in charley hands .charley was spot on 99 percent of the time .. .CHARLEY  taught me and others how to read the weather back in the days  personally.. priceless and alan is priceless ..

Edited by HiTech

Well , if you want to guarantee rain in Corpus Christi just schedule a sprint car race. Mr. Holt is the best weather guy around. He has been here long enough to have a nickname like Dead Wrong Dale and Guessy Vessey do. I wonder what it could be?

2 hours ago, arob said:

Well , if you want to guarantee rain in Corpus Christi just schedule a sprint car race. Mr. Holt is the best weather guy around. He has been here long enough to have a nickname like Dead Wrong Dale and Guessy Vessey do. I wonder what it could be?

ALAN is for real arob ..he does not just go with what he is told  by the national weather service ..he studies the weather patterns like a good meteorologist DOES  ..waiting on nick and alan one day to bring the truck by   i called and asked nick to ask alan if that nasty rain cloud two blocks away was going to hit me . alan said no and it would be gone in ten minutes .. he was correct and i knew then and there .. we have a good one .

4 hours ago, arob said:

Likewise for Paige, TX where World of Outlaws is concerned...

WHAT WAS IT  2004 when it snowed a bunch on christmas eve .. i saw guessy vessey  the sports caster aka weatherman at best buys . here it was freezing and sleeting at 3 pm  i asked him seeing he was standing  in line right behind me  was it going to snow tonight in front of a lot of us .he said no .i got 5 inches at my house 4 hours later ..  you have me thinking of something for alan .. nick should have named him mike  would make it easier ...

Edited by HiTech

On 7/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, HiTech said:

Father  INLAW  asked that you tell alan he is number one . the main  weatherman they like to watch ..  he takes the time to explain and teaches you what to look for .. / when alan in mentioned with charley saint john  that is a big compliment down here for those who remember charley ...we all put our faith and lives in charley hands .charley was spot on 99 percent of the time .. .CHARLEY  taught me and others how to read the weather back in the days  personally.. priceless and alan is priceless ..

I agree. Alan is the best there is. I appreciate the way he explains the weather so us laymen can understand what is happening. Charlie St. John was one of the best as well.

7 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

All you CC folks do OK through this?

plop plop fizz  fizz ..oh what a relief it was ..just had to rake the yard got lucky  it moved just a little more south of us before land fall which was a bid deal . funny after all the hurricane i have been through all the way back to the 50s the south  of the storm was the strongest .unusual at that .might have been because  the eye was so large ..alan would have to explain that one .the north east side is  what i worry about ... harvey  took  sorta the same last minute turn north as this one  did just before land fall southward  that spared us here in corpus .a lot .. if anything thing comes near celia.s power in 1970 my butt is coming to your house ..i saw a 1969 olds wagon lift up and move to the other side of the driveway  during that bad boy a paper straw stuck through a tele pole .and so many other things that make you think dang ..180 mphplus winds have a nasty sound and seeing our back room breathing like a set of lungs and back glass door bending  the glass with out breaking will get your attention  too all six of us to pull the front door open before the house exploded .just in time .. ....    i feel sorry for those down south of us .. they got  it bad .. ..i always  always give those storms respect  ..  the work getting ready for a storm will put you in bed early  and you never feel like you did enough  .but its worth it   and you feel let down somewhat  when the storm  took it easy on you ..  funny feeling sometimes crazy huh .. 

Edited by HiTech

18 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

All you CC folks do OK through this?

All went well here. Just lost of bunch of leaves off the tree. Nothing else except for losing power for about 15 1/2 hours. I was watching television about 8:00 Saturday night thinking we came through it ok when bam!! No power. It got hot quick in this house. I was able to open a window on the back door and a window in a spare bedroom on the other side of the house and got a nice breeze coming through. It got so cool I had to go under the covers. It's got me thinking pretty seriously about getting a standby generator. I have a small portable but nothing big enough to keep us cool.

Yes Rodney, as the others have said, luckily for us it moved further South. We didn't even lose power this time in our neighborhood. Peak winds probably in the 50s, moderate rain, and a lot of small branches and pecans (pecan tree in the backyard). The Valley got hit harder than us on this one. Thankfully we avoided most of it but Bob Hall Pier was severely damaged which sucks but they say they will rebuild it. Odd that the storm surge seemed worse with Hanna than Harvey, but maybe not. Actually got to watch the news with Hanna, work didn't want us to know how strong Harvey got.

9 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Yes Rodney, as the others have said, luckily for us it moved further South. We didn't even lose power this time in our neighborhood. Peak winds probably in the 50s, moderate rain, and a lot of small branches and pecans (pecan tree in the backyard). The Valley got hit harder than us on this one. Thankfully we avoided most of it but Bob Hall Pier was severely damaged which sucks but they say they will rebuild it. Odd that the storm surge seemed worse with Hanna than Harvey, but maybe not. Actually got to watch the news with Hanna, work didn't want us to know how strong Harvey got.

joshua was down in the valley the last couple of days some roads are still closed .. lots of flooding ..