NASCAR bans Confederate flag at NASCAR events

NickHolt

“The presence of the Confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry,” NASCAR said Wednesday in a statement posted on its website.

“Bringing people together around a love for racing and the community that it creates is what makes our fans and sport special. The display of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties.”

The action came two days after Bubba Wallace, the only full-time black driver on the top NASCAR circuit, called for NASCAR to ban the emblem of the Confederacy, which has also been attacked as a symbol of racism.

I have an opinion.  It is not a racist flag.   It is about History.   Nascar is doing what is best for them financially.  This is nothing more than media exposure for Nascar and Bubba Wallace.  Those two benefit.  So I guess it is a win for them.   They just took the souths rights away.  This is just the way it is.   Things are changing, lets just pray for the good

Just about every town in New England has a statue of a Union soldier or Union Civil War General prominately placed. It's part of the history of our nation.  Yes, the Civil War was about slavery, but it was also about states' rights. Unless I have been misled, many, perhaps even the majority, of Confederate solders were actually against slavery, but fought rather for states' rights. 

Not taking a side here, just pointing out something that is often overlooked in the debate. 

I am taking a side  .THIS REMOVING history items because it hurts someones feeling is bull s .. a few of us lived the racist times and many of you saw a lot worst than I .. I have been called racist .a word I just pass over as a cuss word with no real meaning … I was the first student white if you dont know me .to look over at our first black student in class ever ..I asked him his name judd he said I said mine is mike .then I asked him where everyone could hear .. are you afraid .he said yes .. I said so  are we .. welcome ..up till his death in 1974 auto crash we were best of friends  and today I still miss him .. 1969 a black family moved next door in an all white neighbor hood .. wasn't a good thing to others around .but we were just fine with it .. and everyone became friends with them .. I see everyone as red blooded . I know no strangers you could say as I once did with a young black man .I am color blind  ..but to take history away even when I dont agree with  the flag is taking peoples rights away while using a right ….I know that's life .but nascar can not back down now they are political  .agree with me or not so what ..

Edited by HiTech

Everything is political now and has been for sometime now. The bad thing now is if you don't go along with the narrative you face vicious attacks. Drew Brees comes to mind. And the right is supposed to be the intolerant side. Not even Gone With The Wind is safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the tradition behind the Confederate flag,. The other day I heard a guy explain the flag and Confederate statues have no place in america because the south was willing to get rid of the constitution if they had won the civil war. At that time they were an enemy to the United States. Would we be okay with the japan flag being flown by Americans just because they almost won World war 2 against America. I think not.

If the Wallace story is on the up & up , I can't imagine  anyone agreeing with that kind of of ignorance, but lets let this deal play out before we convict someone without a trial. Remember Jessie Smollett ? There have to be cameras everywhere in the garage area. I agree that if found, witch ever side they are on, should be banned for life. But if believe this is only about a flag, you may have your head .,well you know. Maybe we need to ban all Mexican , British & all the  other flags I see flying all around the country. I'm thinking they lost a couple of tussles to us. We'll see if this story meets the smell test.

What bothers me is that Tebow could not take a knee for Christians, the  confederate flag was taken away not allowing for southern heritage, history and standing up for states rights, but others get to clearly display their heritage freely.   The sad part is kids are being programed in school to do what they are doing today in the streets, Ghetto Civil war. 

Great news y'all.  It was not an intentional act directed towards Bubba Wallace. It was a rope left in stall #4 from last season.  No way anyone could have know who's race car would be parked there this season.

But it was amazing to see the overwhelming support shown by NASCAR staff and racers during Monday's show.

NASCAR got a ton of attention and that attention is ending in a positive fashion for all involved in racing. Let's keep that heap good mojo rolling strong!

Best of luck @ your next race...

Edited by BeachBum

23 hours ago, CorcoranSuperMod said:

looks like everyone jump a gun If the Wallace story is on the up & up , I can't imagine  anyone agreeing with that kind of of ignorance, but lets let this deal play out before we convict someone without a trial. Remember Jessie Smollett ? There have to be cameras everywhere in the garage area. I agree that if found, witch ever side they are on, should be banned for life. But if believe this is only about a flag, you may have your head .,well you know. Maybe we need to ban all Mexican , British & all the  other flags I see flying all around the country. I'm thinking they lost a couple of tussles to us. We'll see if this story meets the smell test.

.. here is mud in nascars face ,the drivers face too boot .. many of those drivers I was a fan of ..  this just makes it easier to drop nascar like a hot potato .. getting closer ..  didnt wait for an investigation just like the rest of the bunch out there .. nascar should have never got involved ...or least took a side .

Edited by HiTech

1 hour ago, Realfast said:

8D2D0118-3295-4868-9A72-D28EDDFF3CE1.png

from what I have seen  no one ever went to jail  using the banned flag to beat up someone at a nascar race .. but its banned anyway .. people go to the races to enjoy racing ..partying bbq camping and meeting new and seeing old  friends met over the years .. just a good oh country style party .every one is welcome ..   outside world is left behind .. yet nascar became full on political …..the first week and banned a flag ..  …. big bill would never let that happen .. 

You cant blame Nascar.  Today, everyone is over sensitive and they react in protest to anything.  Nascar had to do what they did to cover their tails.   That noose that was a rope to pull the garage door down had been there since last year.  With the current environment, someone reported it as a potential racist threat or hate crime.   Nascar had to do what they did cover their tails.   This one was not quite a Smollett case, but close.  Whoever reported it should be ashamed.  What a waste of resources investigating that.

14 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Great news y'all.  It was not an intentional act directed towards Bubba Wallace. It was a rope left in stall #4 from last season.  No way anyone could have know who's race car would be parked there this season.

But it was amazing to see the overwhelming support shown by NASCAR staff and racers during Monday's show.

NASCAR got a ton of attention and that attention is ending in a positive fashion for all involved in racing. Let's keep that heap good mojo rolling strong!

Best of luck @ your next race...

Do you really believe that this is all “ending in a positive fashion”. There was a narrative pushed on this deal that couldn’t have ended and been any further from what they were pushing. It started out as a hate crime and someone was going to get banned for life and be prosecuted. Now nascar has so much egg on there face they are probably having trouble breathing, they should get some I can’t breath tshirts made. And if you don’t see that aspect of it you may need to do some repositioning yourself.

Edited by rails

Yes we can blame NASCAR. they should have removed the pull rope and did the investigation.  But they decided to release it before any investigation.  Bubba had nothing to do with this and would never had say it because drivers are not allowed in the garage at thos time.  Bubba was alerted by the nascar president.