VIRUS

HiTech

We're good, at least for now.  Here's something to think about.  How many door handles do you touch in a day's time?  How many other people have touched that same door handle before you arrived? How long, if ever has it been since that door handle was sanitized?

How about the steering wheel of your car or truck?  The gear shift lever, the turn signal lever, the brake release?  Have you sanitized any of those?  Think about it.

Trust me, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.   

So far nothing in Victoria, TX but it s surreal feeling with little going on in town and traveling to Round Rock this past weekend.  The ones I really am going to feel bad for is who ever is laid off or will be getting laid off.  The whole picture is going to get a worse well before it gets better

It's already here in Nueces County. 

CC just closed the Zahn and Newport Pass beach entrances.  Sandfest in Port A is postponed until October 2-4. 

Are the local dirt tracks still planing to open as scheduled?  

Edited by BeachBum

18 hours ago, Budman said:

We're good, at least for now.  Here's something to think about.  How many door handles do you touch in a day's time?  How many other people have touched that same door handle before you arrived? How long, if ever has it been since that door handle was sanitized?

How about the steering wheel of your car or truck?  The gear shift lever, the turn signal lever, the brake release?  Have you sanitized any of those?  Think about it.

Trust me, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.   

YOUR SHOES  the mail man . .

2 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Hanging in there so far. Trying to stay "business as usual" as much as possible at work but precautionary measures are being taken. Amazing how important truckers, stockers, and others often overlooked have become. It's definitely a change but there have been some benefits.

I went to harbor freight today .. yes I am cheap lol .. they marked the floor with tape ten  feet apart and asked everyone to stand on those marks .then they had a taped square  on the floor  where you had to stand while they checked you out .. when it was time to pay the cashier would step back so you could pay . if it was cash you had to lay it down  on the counter  and back off to the square ..then step forward to pick up the change .. the cashier was wearing gloves .. smart I thought .. 

my wife said we have least six people tested so far all have traveled to the states and cities hit the hardest .I did not see the report so  just going off of her . and tomorrow the city will have a meeting about what  to do .. . and it was mentioned  shelter in place .. enforced ..best have a good reason for being out and about .got to get ahead of this fast . just have to go out back and  get my winter time work done ….early of late either way ..

Edited by HiTech

Yes 6 in Nueces County which will probably grow since more people are getting tested. Not to downplay this, but it's not an automatic death sentence for a positive test. Think times like these the FDA can bypass the 18 month requirement for new meds. The sad thing, this could be severely hampered if people did what most of us were taught, wash your hands, don't cough or sneeze on people, respect personal space, and if you're sick, stay home.

Got a call from my son little bit ago.  He's a director at KEYETV42.  Travis and Williamson counties going on lock-down as of this morning whatever that means. We are already on lockdown at my place as far as I'm concerned.  Burnet and Llano counties out here by me currently have one confirmed case each.  Currently 86 Travis, 14 Williamson.

Edited by Budman

I am the Safety and Training Mgr for a large public transportation company. Early in March I was appointed

to leads the COVID19 effort for my location. I hold morning conf calls and report numbers today versus yesterday.

I am in Dallas Texas. This is the website I use and its comprehensive in drilling down all counties in Texas.

Spend some time with it because it does states, the USA and globally and is done up to the minute.

There is a drop down for counties in Texas....check your respective county out.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=coronavirus+latest+updates&FORM=QSRE5

10 hours ago, King237 said:

I am the Safety and Training Mgr for a large public transportation company. Early in March I was appointed

to leads the COVID19 effort for my location. I hold morning conf calls and report numbers today versus yesterday.

I am in Dallas Texas. This is the website I use and its comprehensive in drilling down all counties in Texas.

Spend some time with it because it does states, the USA and globally and is done up to the minute.

There is a drop down for counties in Texas....check your respective county out.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=coronavirus+latest+updates&FORM=QSRE5

I would like to see the stats on  how many are on vents .. age limit .. I know of two on vents at this time here in corpus .. 

Not the time to be ballsy for sure. This deal seems to not be flattening so we all need to do what we need to do and ride it out.

Crazy thing is you take the pups out or go exercise you would never guess what is going on. Stay safe friends, be well and wash your hands.

Going to work to do more Revved Up's and talk about the good ol days!

1 hour ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Not the time to be ballsy for sure. This deal seems to not be flattening so we all need to do what we need to do and ride it out.

Crazy thing is you take the pups out or go exercise you would never guess what is going on. Stay safe friends, be well and wash your hands.

Going to work to do more Revved Up's and talk about the good ol days!

shoot ghost town around here .. looks like  Christmas day .. good thing I suppose .. I dont even see many of my neighbors when I walk the dog .. cant blame them  old folks around here .. .

At 75 and supposedly "high risk,"  I'm stuck in the house ...so I've been scanning and posting my San Antonio Light motorsports articles.  So far I've got all of 1987 and 1988 posted.  Now to work on 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1992!  Should keep me busy for the entire duration of this coronavirus thing.

22 minutes ago, NickHolt said:

At 75 and supposedly "high risk,"  I'm stuck in the house ...so I've been scanning and posting my San Antonio Light motorsports articles.  So far I've got all of 1987 and 1988 posted.  Now to work on 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1992!  Should keep me busy for the entire duration of this coronavirus thing.

well it keeps me reading … after all this ill drive up to sa for a dr pepper party .nick .. you buy .:P

I was in Italy on a 2week Med Cruise when the virus hit hard. We got back to Germany in time for lockdown. I cancelled my flight to SA when racing at HMP & TMS got cancelled. So we are hunkered down in our little village outside Frankfurt. Not much excitement but at least we have fast internet. Nobody in our little ghost town is sick. All the super markets are well stocked. Just waiting till it’s over.