VIva Las Vegas

toyotatim

Man, what a weekend at Vegas.   Mr. Busch won the truck race Friday night, then Mr. Harvick put up a $50,000 bounty on Mr. Busch for any cup driver to beat him in one of his next 4 truck races.  Then Mr. Lemonis put up another $50,000 for a $100,000 bounty.  This should be fun. 

Then the Cup race, those restarts are awesome.  Great finish there and Mr Briscoe did well in the Xfinity race. 

Great weekend with lots of hangovers

Matty D will get a win before this year is up.  He is in great equipment and he is a hell of a wheel man.  He's known for getting the very most out of a car.  Took subpar equipment and made it decent equipment on many occasion.  What I like about Wood Brothers and Penske is they are all in the same equipment not like LFR and Gibbs or Petty with Childress. The secondary teams usually get hand me down stuff and occasionally get the good stuff kind of like when Matty D got a new car at Bristol last year and Bubba got a new car and equipment from Childress at Indy.

Mr Blaney, Mr Bowman and Mr Byron were three guys that were going to the front all day.   The best part about the race was that Mr Hamlin and Mr Busch struggled all day.   Wrecky Stenhouse got a top 3 by staying out and Mr Logano won it that way.  I thought that they were sitting ducks

8 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Mr Blaney, Mr Bowman and Mr Byron were three guys that were going to the front all day.   The best part about the race was that Mr Hamlin and Mr Busch struggled all day.   Wrecky Stenhouse got a top 3 by staying out and Mr Logano won it that way.  I thought that they were sitting ducks

Blaney  .bowman . Byron .. hum ...I figured Byron had the best chance .. he just keeps on sucking on restarts ..

10 hours ago, HiTech said:

Blaney  .bowman . Byron .. hum ...I figured Byron had the best chance .. he just keeps on sucking on restarts ..

Bownman the showman was closing fast until Chastain ran out of talent and caused the caution.  That would have been a great battle for the win.   He didnt need that caution

7 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Holy Crap, the ratings for the Nascar race were way up.  Over 8% from last year.  That is Huge in Television.   NASCAR IS BACK

.. you have to give thanks to the president . our economy is doing very well .. fuel cost is low .. poeple have more money now .  tracks lost a lot of families traveling the cost was more than many could bare .. 

12 hours ago, HiTech said:

.. you have to give thanks to the president . our economy is doing very well .. fuel cost is low .. poeple have more money now .  tracks lost a lot of families traveling the cost was more than many could bare .. 

It takes zero fuel to watch it on TV.  Perhaps their short track initiative has created new interest.

10 hours ago, toyotatim said:

It takes zero fuel to watch it on TV.  Perhaps their short track initiative has created new interest.

so you think travel cost  along with the economy played no part  with families not going to a race …  .. wake up tweety bird  ..

Edited by HiTech

12 hours ago, HiTech said:

so you think travel cost  along with the economy played no part  with families not going to a race …  .. wake up tweety bird  ..

I think you must have me confused with someone else.  I was talking about television ratings, not the stands that noone watches. 

" Holy Crap, the ratings for the Nascar race were way up.  Over 8% from last year.  That is Huge in Television.   NASCAR IS BACK"

Most of the revenues come from the Television and record purses show that the income from that is doing well.   

Tweet Tweet

Excited to be a Home Track. We have 0 (ZERO) other than TMS. With the multi media coverage these days I agree the timing is perfect. In the past the weekly racing series did nothing for the track, signage at the track etc only things people saw when they went there and it was usually the same people. Now, the platforms are endless we will get exposure. Hate to sound like a politician but Mark My Words lol

MAV-TV has a show All North Racing currently at Ohsweken Speedway in Canada . Looks to be a 3/8 to1/2 mile dirt track and the racing is great. They show features of Mini Stock, Thunder Stock( a cross of Factory and Street Stock) crate sprints and 360 sprints. Features have 24-30 cars each class! Reminds me of the old Thursday Night Thunder series.