South Texas Racing Season About to Happen!

arob

Well now that the news with Ryan Newman is looking better it is time for South Texas race fans to get excited.

Just over a week away the USMTS Modified tour gets things started Friday Feb28 at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton. With $3000 to win Mods $750 to win Sportmods and $500 to win Factory Stock the car count should be great! Get there early and get your seat.

If that wasn't enough the next day Feb 29 the tour goes to the fast South Texas Speedway in Corpus Christi. This track allows these USMTS cars show how fast they can get which is FAST! $3000 to win Mods and $500 each for Sportmod and Factory Stock.

Then on March 1 the tour goes to Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige Texas. Cotton Bowl also has the World of Outlaws Sprint Cars I think March 13.

Texana Raceway Park opens March 28 with many special shows throughout the year. With Owen Pittman running the show it will be a fun place for fans and racers alike.

Please check out the racetracks' Facebook or Websites for additional information.

Sooo South Texas racefans 2019 we saw a lot of great racing and 2020 looks to be just as exciting or even better. For those who are not familiar with USMTS these are not like the Mods we see on a regular basis. These cars run into 6 digits$$$ and you see what the best in everything does for speed and excitement.

So check out the tracks schedules and start marking your calendars as there will be great racing among Texana in Edna , I-37 , South Texas Speedway and Cotton Bowl Speedway if you don't mind the extra travel every week during Spring , Summer and early Fall. Be there!!!!

Edited by arob

4 hours ago, arob said:

Only one more week to go!!! Can't believe I put Sept. instead of Feb. Well , maybe I can! Anyway the time is getting closer and the extended forecast looks good , be a little nippy in Pleasanton. So FEB 28 at I-37 and FEB 29 at South Texas Speedway. Can't wait.

long as it dont R

4 hours ago, arob said:

Major cranial flatulence  there! Sucks getting old!

LEAST  many of us have one thing in common … I am thinking that is how nick came up with the  chassis none of us  have seen ..fact I dont think he can find it .must have lost its aroma .

Edited by HiTech

On 2/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, arob said:

Just over a week away the USMTS Modified tour gets things started Friday Feb28 at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton. With $3000 to win Mods $750 to win Sportmods and $500 to win Factory Stock the car count should be great! Get there early and get your seat.

If that wasn't enough the next day Feb 29 the tour goes to the fast South Texas Speedway in Corpus Christi. This track allows these USMTS cars show how fast they can get which is FAST! $3000 to win Mods and $500 each for Sportmod and Factory Stock.

Then on March 1 the tour goes to Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige Texas. Cotton Bowl also has the World of Outlaws Sprint Cars I think March 13.

Let's hope Mother Nature co-operates fully!