daytona

HiTech

1 hour ago, HiTech said:

I hate being right sometimes .. I just cant help but being perfect .. I knew if any  driver was going to cause a wreck  it would be rick..that idiot has a reputation for it .. 

What how Ricky pulled out to pass and then Byron pulled down.  Yeah Jeff Gordon isn't going to mention it when that is his old ride.

19 minutes ago, nracer81 said:

This is not good for Newman.  This yellow line rule need to stop.  That is the cause of this wreck.  Safety crew took way to long to get there

I agree .they turned his car over .. I hope he was talking to them during that time .. but I did not look good at all .. 

On 2/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, Josh42 said:

What how Ricky pulled out to pass and then Byron pulled down.  Yeah Jeff Gordon isn't going to mention it when that is his old ride.

LOOKED TO ME RICKY HIT 24 TO HARD AND TURNED HIM . .that was what Byron said .. so who knows but I am in line with Byron .. and yes nick I watched the race and I know Toyota will have something to say .. but knowing Toyota he loved the wrecks and hope ryan is ok .. I dont like wrecks like that you just never know as an old driver  what the out come will be .. that was why after I wrecked one driver I never went out to wreck anyone else .. 

Reading the twitter feed, they apparently didn’t cover the car, so there’s a little glimmer of hope there.

More concerned about what Gordon and Joy didn’t say....just have to wait for the  update and say some prayers.

Edited by PAPosse

14 minutes ago, PAPosse said:

Reading the twitter feed, they apparently didn’t cover the car, so there’s a little glimmer of hope there.

More concerned about what Gordon and Joy didn’t say....just have to wait foethe  update and say some prayers.

Mike Joy been through this 19 years ago to the day. What scares the most was the hit while he was on the ground

I DONT WATCH THIS  race to see the wrecks .. but I sure hope those who love this kind of racing  and wrecking wakes up and takes notice there is a live person inside that bucket of bolts .. glad he will make it . its easy to forget a human is driving that car .even a low speed wreck at our local tracks can hurt you but to admit to and want to see carnage isnt  sportsman . a more destructive nature ..I want to see wrecks but dont want no one hurt . sorry cant have it both ways .you can bet many drivers wont tell you but they hurt during the following days or weeks after even a local crash .. BEEN THERE .  . THIS WRECK  I could hear my wife scream out  behind her closed door with the dogs and I bet she heard me .. a lot of omg hope he isnt hurt .I could cared less about who won or how many finished .. 

Edited by HiTech

The Newman crash reminded me of that Bodine crash. I remember seeing an hospital interview with Bodine and they asked him what he remembered. He said he remembered seeing his Dad who had passed away telling him it wasn't his time yet. I'll never forget that. Starts at 5:50 mark...….

Edited by arob

my years long best friend who passed last year said to us in the hospital .  man I was somewhere else ..his wife told him you passed away twice …..    the moment my mom passed away hugging  me the last time I happen to look over at her clock  in front of me .. 11,11 .. many poeple know about that time .. I didnt at the time .. but  it seems  like just about every day or night I just happen to look at the time and its 11,11 …even when I am around poeple I say high mom thanks for checking on me ………    its great that we didnt lose another racer .

Edited by HiTech

14 hours ago, arob said:

Here is something for Toyotatim. TV ratings were up about 32% prerace and 19% for the first twenty laps.Hadn't seen an overall yet. In fact all of Speedweeks had a double digit increase except the Twins which were down.

Can you say Home Run?  Great Job, it was nice seeing Melania on pit road.

How about Wrecky Stenhouse?  That cat had a fast car but was unable to have much luck