Announcers for upcoming 2020 Season - Press Release

rachelplant4

For immediate release: Cotton Bowl Speedway PR Contact: Mary Ann Naumann Tel: 512-844-3582 

Spillman, Pittman to share announcing duties at Cotton Bowl Speedway in 2020 

PAIGE, Texas (Dec. 16, 2019) — Two men with an in-depth knowledge of the Texas short track scene and many friends within the sport will combine forces to entertain and inform race fans in 2020. 

Former racer turned promoter Joe Spillman and longtime P.A. announcer Owen Pittman will keep fans at Cotton Bowl Speedway apprised of the action during a 15-event schedule. Both men will work the mics on March 13, 2020, for the season-opening World of Outlaws NOS Sprint Car tour visit. 

Spillman will serve as the track's primary announcer, while Pittman will handle those duties on four or five occasions. The two men take the place of world-class announcer and Revved Up Sports Show host Rodney Rodriguez, who serves as the announcer at Houston Motorsports Park on several conflicting dates. 

“I'm incredibly proud of Rodney, and have been a fan since the first day I heard him on the mic as a young man,” Cotton Bowl track operator/race promoter Mary Ann Naumann said. “His skills have become so strong, he is booked solid most of the time. We've been lucky to have him when he was available, yet for 2020 we simply needed somebody who could commit to us all year. He fully understands that.” 

Most recently active as the promoter at 281 Speedway in Stephenville, Spillman has seen the sport from both sides of the fence. He'll be well suited to the job and is anxious for next spring. 

“I've been racing at Cotton Bowl Speedway from the very beginning," Spillman said. “I love the facility and the location. I have also been friends with Mary Ann and H for many, many years, since the Longhorn days. Having promoted and raced, I'm hoping to add some insight into the announcer's role.” 

Pittman, of Corpus Christi, worked at I-37 Speedway alongside Milton Hope the past few seasons. Race fans across the region know his voice the minute he turns on the microphone. Pittman handled announcing duties at Cotton Bowl for its 2019 edition of OctoberFast, and did a fabulous job. 

“We've known and respected Owen for many years,” Nauman added. “We knew him when he had the very successful TAMS Asphalt series. He is a great guy, and we look forward to having him back in the tower more often next season.” 

Pittman says his respect for Cotton Bowl runs deep, and his enthusiasm for 2020 is off the chart. 

“Mary Ann and H bring a very positive vibe to the sport,” Pittman said. “They have a first class facility and run it in a professional manner. I love the track, the staff, and all those dedicated racers at Cotton Bowl. I'm anxious to get back up there next year and call some more exciting races.” 

Cotton Bowl Speedway is operated by MAN Racing Promotions. The track hosts races every other Saturday night from mid-March through mid-October with a full card of racing. Officials and racers will celebrate the 2019 class champions in grand style on Jan. 12 at the annual awards banquet. 

To see the 2020 schedule or for more information, please go to www.cottonbowlspeedway.com