weather in houston

lloyd#5

Guest HMPFlagman

We've had a few scattered showers here today. Nothing too heavy though, been overcast since around 3.

Houston Metro Forecast

A CHANGING WEATHER PATTERN FOR THE WEEKEND!!

THURSDAY: Another 90 degree day, but just barely. We'll see a few showers pop up as well!

FRIDAY & THIS WEEKEND: Memorial Day weekend will give us a little break from the extreme heat. However, that comes with [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/27/05] chances Friday through Monday! Highs in the upper 80s.

7dayforecast_320x240.jpg

Forecast looks like tommorrow night and sat morning and clearing up in afternoon on Sat. Should be alright since pits are asphalt.

that's what we thought last time....we don't think that way anymore.

It was my understanding that we could use the [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/27/05] out tickets for the next time we come to Houston......but the way it looks we might be holding on to them for a little longer! Ive had a hard enough time keeping up with them tickets this long.

Today

30% Chance of Showers

HIGH: 88

Saturday

50% Chance of T-Showers

HIGH: 87

LOW: 68

Sunday

50% Chance of T-Showers

HIGH: 86

LOW: 70

Monday

40% Chance of T-Storms

HIGH: 84

LOW: 71

Tuesday

20% Chance [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/27/05]

HIGH: 84

LOW: 66

More humid weather ahead with a 30% chance of [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/27/05] today. But the Memorial Day Weekend has a 50% chance both Saturday and Sunday. The day itself....Monday....has a 40% chance. Just a slight chance for Tuesday. Many picnics or barbeques or all type of recreation activities are planned, but unfortunately we see the possibility of [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/27/05] all weekend. Stay tuned for any changes in the forecast. And be safe and sane the holiday.

Guys we are in Houston right now. We are watchng the weather and the last forecast I saw called for some "hit and miss" showers. Stayed tuned to USRAspeed.com and Texasspeedzone for the latest weather devlopments, if any, for the races this weekend in Houston.

Everyone have a happy and safe Holiday weekend.

Guest HMPFlagman

Yes, your [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/27/05]out tickets from the last USRA event WILL BE HONORED at this event. There was some sort of hang-up that we couldnt allow it for NASCAR. Weather is beautiful here right now, I just ordered a crane for this afternoon here at work so i'm hoping it stays this way as well. Weather this morning on the drive into the office sounded like it'll be beautiful here!

Hey, bob, thats not haze, thats what we call a clear day in Houston :-D :laughs:

It's a scientifically proven fact that the "r" word is a bona fida cuss word in racing circles. I made the mistake of using it one very cloudy race day at SAS 10 years ago and was almost hit by lightning just a split second later.

More importantly, Kathy at THR has told me that if I ever use the "r" word in front of her, no amount of chocolate peace offerings will save me from her wrath. There are people who have survived the wrath of Kathy, but I have yet to meet anyone who has lived through the wrath of Kathy when unleashed during a certain time of the month.

Nick Holt

The National Weather Service forcast looks a little better than the one they put out last night:

Today: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 87. South wind around 5 mph.

Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 73. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

The national radar shows a storm cell north of Austin and headed to the Northeast at 8:20 a.m. Maybe HMP dodged the bullet.

TXSZ will try to keep you up to date.

Nick Holt

At 10:35 a.m., there is a line of thunderstorms near Victoria which appear to be headed in the general direction of Houston. Not a very big system, but there is some "red" in it.

Behind that, everything appears to be drying up.

Nick Holt

At 12:15 the squall line headed for Houson has all but vanished. Just a few little green spots to the Southwest of Houston.

Things are looking good for tonight!

Nick Holt

Archived