L87 New Kart Track

fullview

I can't wait to see the changes Lawrence has made. He has put a lot of effort into this deal. This is giving us a place to develop our next generation of drivers and there are some good ones coming along. It also gives old guys like me a place to act like kids again:) 

• 3 weeks later...

I never followed up on this the new track is just incredible fast and fun to drive That first night there was over 70 karts  and awesome racing. I can't say enough about what an amazing job Lawrence did on this track great lighting  heck it even has a water house in the infield if he needs to add a little water. 

I made it out to watch last night and was really impressed with this facility. It reminded me of the Modified Nationals in McAllen on a smaller scale. Pits were full, lots of racing for all ages but especially interesting watching the well known big car racers battle it out in the stock predator class, the equivalent of the big car pure stocks. So many there were 2 features. This is not a play track, it is a RACING track.

I believe this track is destined for big things and overall in the Country, Kart Racing is becoming a really big deal. A really big National event is not out of the question. Anyone with a kart owes it to themselves to try this track. It has everything the big tracks have. Good lighting, very smooth track with little dust late, and a winners circle. It was refreshing to see how everybody respected each others skillset regardless of age. Flat out all the way around. And the science is already in full swing. Try it, there nothing like it that I know of. Karts are not a filler class, they are the ONLY class but many divisions of them. Around 80 cars last night.

I'm glad my test drive was with beginners. These guys fly and I still walk. It will take a lot of practice for anybody to get up to racing speeds, I believe. Its good that time is available.

I'm afraid I'm too old now. Might be a pit crew member.