For Immediate Release

Press and Public Relations Department

Bobby Chaffee, Public Relations Director

Ph: (903) 576-4144 (512) 557-7393

Bobby@digitalgrease.com

Terry Barden, VP of Race Operations

Ph: (210) 827-4524 Email: Terlinbarden@yahoo.com

Bankston Resigns as Truck Series Race Director

San Antonio, Texas (May 26, 2005) – The United States Racing Association (USRA-TX) announces that Glen “Bubba” Bankston has resigned from his position as USRA All Star Race Truck Series Race Director.

Bankston commented on leaving the USRA. “I have an opportunity to better support my family. This new opportunity will keep me from being around racing but my family is the most important part of my life and their well being comes first.” Bankston also commented, “I will miss the trucks guys a lot. I have enjoyed working with them and enjoyed all the time I have spent with them over the time that I was associated with them.”

No replacement for Bankston has been named at this time. USRA VP of Racing Operations Terry Barden commented on Bankston’s resignation. “I hate to see him leave. Bubba is a valued member of the series and the tech staff. The truck teams worked well with Bubba and we hope to find someone to fill the void that Bubba leaves behind in the near future.”

Terry Dickerson President and CEO commented on Bankston’s resignation. “Bubba was a great asset to the series. I got to know Bubba by working with him and he will be missed. This was not a disagreement between Bubba and the USRA but a chance for Bubba to better provide for his family. I respect the decision he made and think that he made the right decision because his family should come first. I hope that Bubba can come back and be part of the USRA once again. He is welcomed back any time he wants to come back.”

For all technical and race procedure questions on the USRA All Star Race Truck Series please contact Terry Barden until further notice.

For more information on the United States Racing Association please visit the series’ website at www.USRASpeed.com. For public relations questions please contact USRA Public Relations Director Bobby Chaffee at (903) 576-4144, (512) 557-7393 or by email Bobby@digitalgrease.com. For all series technical issues and race operations please contact USRA Vice President of Racing Operations Terry Barden at (210) 827-4524 or by email Terlinbarden@yahoo.com

###

Bubba has been a mainstay in the Truck series for a while now doing just about everything from flagging to teching and everything in between - and doing it very well.

Good luck with your new venture, Bubba. Don't stay away too long!

Nick Holt

Archived