Tecate Championship Night 10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sewell looking low but can't find enough grip on exit as the high line is the place to be tonight. McCain goes too high allowing Doty and Torres to get by and Preston spins in two, Carlucci to the infield relinquishing 3rd. Waiting on the call to see what the lineup will be with about 3 to go. Looks like Preston to the rear. Sewell, Doty, Torres, McCain and Dear top 5.

18 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Bomber Feature Results 

1. 74 Cameron Starry 

2. 71 Shane Sturtz 

3. 72P David Parcellis 

4. 88 Emma Hendricks 

5. 7 Carl Buchanan 

.brandon skinner was in 7 car having fun playing  around  not a legal car for that class lol . ….no points no money and no damage  ….

17 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Sewell looking low but can't find enough grip on exit as the high line is the place to be tonight. McCain goes too high allowing Doty and Torres to get by and Preston spins in two, Carlucci to the infield relinquishing 3rd. Waiting on the call to see what the lineup will be with about 3 to go. Looks like Preston to the rear. Sewell, Doty, Torres, McCain and Dear top 5.

someone left a wet spot up there ..skill  alone didnt keep him out of that wall hard ..

1 hour ago, HiTech said:

.brandon skinner was in 7 car having fun playing  around  not a legal car for that class lol . ….no points no money and no damage  ….

Was just going by what was announced. Wondered why Jesse came out and parked by the tow trucks.

4 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

sWas just going by what was announced. Wondered why Jesse came out and parked by the tow trucks.

yep even my wife didnt know it not many did .I know  brandon had permission ….  anniversary of the lost of a  brother sadly .that was brandons way to honor his brother . jesse said yes .and we agreed with him .no problem brandon is a great guy .. stevemacc .those 600s were super fast and some great driver .not for me .but they were leaving a lot of rubber burns and made the track slick down low .the track was mainly one groove  middle .we set up to run lower but the track was not there for really anyone .

Edited by HiTech

Didn't realize it was the anniversary, still remember the race at CC, my first race in my own car. Think I ended up 7th that night whatever it was. Know the payout wasn't much but donated it back to the family and was honored to be out there for the pre-race parade.

You're right about the low line disappearing but those 600s were fun to watch. Greg and Daniel were victims to debris too.

Really appreciate Top Shelf for doing these live updates.  I often hear how important they are to folks who can't, for whatever reason, make it to the track.  Even though they are not allowed to post on sites like this, our service folks often log read along without signing in.

Thanks for doing this, sir!

No problem and thanks for the compliments. I know on the nights I'm at STS and Jay is at I37, I'm bouncing back and forth to his reports too. If I'm at an event he's at, I let him take over. I've had other tracks offer up lineups and such when I visit them too since I'm not familiar with everyone. Now STS has live scoring on their websites that helps when DCRST or POWERi or ASCS comes in and I don't know all of the drivers. That was my third time seeing POWERi so I recognize a few names. It's hard to see numbers on them though so again, thank you to the STS scorekeepers that can track them without the use of transponders. They pull a lot of speed in those 600s and they're racy. I'm glad people actually reads these and will continue to do them at any track I'm at, unless Reb is there, read his.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:20 AM, top_shelf_12 said:

No problem and thanks for the compliments. I know on the nights I'm at STS and Jay is at I37, I'm bouncing back and forth to his reports too. If I'm at an event he's at, I let him take over. I've had other tracks offer up lineups and such when I visit them too since I'm not familiar with everyone. Now STS has live scoring on their websites that helps when DCRST or POWERi or ASCS comes in and I don't know all of the drivers. That was my third time seeing POWERi so I recognize a few names. It's hard to see numbers on them though so again, thank you to the STS scorekeepers that can track them without the use of transponders. They pull a lot of speed in those 600s and they're racy. I'm glad people actually reads these and will continue to do them at any track I'm at, unless Reb is there, read his.

someone with those cars came up to help the score keepers during the race .he called the numbers for them .so they had help .bigly .lol .heck I was track side and could  not see any numbers .plus I am going blind that might have something to do with it .