Texas Dirt Truck Series announces some confirmed 2019 dates

NickHolt

Officials announce partial 2019 schedule for Texas Dirt Truck Series

New tour will run five races at home base of I-37

PLEASANTON, Texas (Jan. 5, 2019) — Officials of the Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) have announced the first confirmed race dates for their inaugural season. The series will compete on five occasions at its home base of I-37 Speedway, with events at other tracks now in final discussions.

As Spring arrives in south Texas, the series will make its official debut at I-37 on Sat., Mar. 23. Interest has been strong in this exciting new tour since it was officially announced in early October of 2018. Series owners expect a solid field of trucks at the highly-anticipated debut race.

“I feel like we have the potential to have a very exciting inaugural season,” series co-owner and founder George Jones said. “We're fortunate to have Ray Doyon and Mike Keylich at I-37 serve as our home, and other successful tracks have shown a strong interest in our series, as well.

"We're also very excited to see new trucks being built. Interest from racers is growing each week. It takes time to build a base, yet I feel like we're well under way in that respect.”

With its wide racing surface and loyal fan following, I-37 Speedway serves as an ideal home venue. The five dates for the TDTS at the popular oval in Pleasanton include the opener on March 23, April 13, June 29, July 27 and November 8. More dates at other Texas tracks will be announced soon.

Officials have also announced details on qualifying procedures and features for 2019. Heat races will be run to determine starting lineups, and a Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ) will be run when needed. Teams and fans will be able to follow Live Timing & Scoring for the Texas Dirt Truck Series using the MyRacePass App on their mobile devices.

Details on TDTS rules and procedures, etc., will be discussed in detail at a general meeting for drivers and team owners who are already locked into or considering racing with us in mid-January. For now, a date of Jan. 26 is being considered. Look for a confirmation on our Facebook page shortly.

“We're working with a couple of potential title sponsors that will determine the exact details of our purses,” series co-owner Mike Fortier said. “George is working on behalf of our racers to ensure our payouts are ample and allow them to stay active. We'll support our race teams as much as we can.”

Both Jones and Fortier have built trucks for 2019 to bolster the count, and to enjoy seeing their drivers take on the challenges of an entirely new yet exciting race vehicle. Jones will field the No. 28 Chevrolet Silverado with driver Russell Parker; while Fortier will field the No. 51 Ford F-150 with driver Tony Bernal at the wheel. Both drivers are eager and anxious to do some preseason testing.

For more information, go to www.texasdirttrucks.com. Fans can also follow the series on social media at www.facebook.com/Texas-Dirt-Truck-Series-1509510632528647/and on Twitter by searching for @TexasDirtTrucks.

Archived