QUESTION

gundogC3

I, just had a question,,,,,,,,,whats the spring pressure allowed on a 350-305.....the reason I ask is if the 350(witch has more tourqe-cubic inches-bigger valves-and cost less money to buy than a 305 ) JON DENHAM'S Win should stand-

The spring pressure on the Crate 350 engine, is far less that the 305. That's what basically equalizes them, because they can't turn as many rpms.

Also the rule reads - for the 305's (That the springs must measure a certain pressure at a certain height, not neccessarily the same as what they are installed at on the engine.

Thanks

Jon Garrett

Tommy answered the 305 question, the 350's are much lighter springs, not sure on the lb rating, but they are supposed to only use the springs that come on those engines. That's easy to check, since they all come with the same springs and part numbers. Trust me, they are way less than 115 at 1.7

Besides, Bill H hasn't won one yet and it would have sucked to win and not to get to celebrate it on the track.

I have to agree with you you here LL. I think Bill would much rather have out raced someone for that first win, dont you. Congrats. to Jon D.! I'll have another beer waiting in Houston for ya!

Archived