friday night madness

HiTech

WITH each racing show it just gets better and better .even old tex tom made his way down . I heard a rumor  from a source that tex tom wanted to race a yard cart .its true the source was tex tom ....:). If he was to do that I will have to do it .as other olders would have to join  .the Rust Bucket class .hope its just wishful thinking ...

The night did not go  with out the scares .one driver not sure his number tried racing with his wheels up and head down off turn two  during the yard carts .he told me later thank god for his neck brace the wrap around cushion type I  we believe saved him some serious hurt  he wont complain about using it anymore he learned to love it after that  ...the 12 and up class had a darn near full field pile up at the start  sure glad to see the number 16 driver finally walk off the track after a  while ,that is always a great thing to see a driver do .....thought I heard there was 68 carts wow on a Friday night at that where the heck did all those cars come from .. just shows l87 is doing something right  , I noticed a lot more fans in the stands and knew some were first timers and as I was leaving the first six cars turned towards Kingsville ....The cooking staff had their work cutout for em a very big surprise with so many people .   cant leave out the score keepers and field staffers  they worked hard all night ,  I think during the heat Friday night is the best way to go ....

The flying cart was me, I tried to lift off and fly over everyone...Best race I ever had (it was my 3rd attempt), but every race I've messed up coming off turn 2. Best race/Worse Finish.

I will say once again, that neck brace saved me for sure. Just a bruise on my shoulder where i landed, and on my thigh were the steering wheel got me.

I had to much weight on the outside (leftside) of the cart, and so when I hit the gas to recover from that slide, the inside (right side) lifted up and over I went...

L87 Speedway - Flying Yard Kart

I am sure you will get better at it    turn two or is it turn three and I am sure no one can say you don't use your head ..lets not try that again that was right in front me and close enough for me to hear the take off and landing .

4 hours ago, HiTech said:

I am sure you will get better at it    turn two or is it turn three and I am sure no one can say you don't use your head ..lets not try that again that was right in front me and close enough for me to hear the take off and landing .

For normal carts its turn 3, but you know us backward yard karts...

Whatever L87 is doing caught our attention!

We were some of those L87 "first timers" HiTech is speaking of.

Add another kart to the roster!

Hoping to be welcomed to the track and we plan on being there on the 17th to enjoy the show and ask lots of questions!!!

Gear, stagger, tires....etc. Will have kart in hand sometime this week!!!!!!!

Maybe be ready to run in three weeks!!

Super impressed with facility and crew......first time I've heard Owen speak in a drivers meeting since 06' gave me goosebumps as if I were about to line up for the show......felt so good I started looking for karts that night!

Here we go again

dubblocker ill ask a friend if he is going to sell his .it was raced down south in the kiddie karts he bought it for his kids  ....new motor I don't think it has been started ..not sure but think it is ready to go or near ready ..only two ways ..yes or no ...

Nesloney    I did not care for go karts till my team mates bought one . had home built back in the 60s ..but the karts today well they came along way .and at 62 I want one ....the thing this track does is care .they have rules and run it that way .keeping the cost down  they listen .they always greet you with a smile and a hug if your lucky and need one lol.  ... we ran the first winter race they had and wow it has really grown from just a few cars to madness  the secret is getting out  they had I think 68 cars last race and I bet that will grow to over a hundred soon enough  jesse and I helped stick some light poles yesterday so soon they will have a great lighting system ..and when they are ready for the big cars we will be there ... but right now the best part is the kids are learning and that is what its all about ...  now when they build a moto cross  track watch out I know it has been brought up ..

Archived