THR

Budman

I'd say no. Reason? You'd be setting new benchmarks with an "enhanced traction" track, if it were done consistantly week in and week out. Then maybe after a few weeks of racing you could figure the new "benchmarks" were set. Then they could go back to offering bonuses. Just my opinion. Would be better to ask this of the drivers though.

get a drum of VP-LC6 track adhesive-spray lightly-drag it with some old tires weighted down to build up heat to work it in-take race car and tighten up the seat belts and install window net on right side to keep driver from flying out right side window when cornering and hang on- :P:P:P:P:P-forgot-need to sweep track before applying-nobody said it was easy to get a hook-believe me -i know-have to do it 3-4 times a week and sometimes pick up the pieces when it hooks to hard and the driveline cant handle it :rolleyes:

not sure Aaron-when i walk into the track shop barrells line the wall-we use alot of it-track is prepped before every race-and i have a hand sprayer to cover spots on the starting line if i get em or add a little more hook if i think it needs it-when the bad boys(nitro cars/pro stocks/any car that explodes off the line were running the nationals, IHRA had "gold dust rosin" and we would cover the starting line and broom it in and then spray over it before the pro cars ran-they set the prostock and funny car et & mph records at our track plus when Super Chevy Show came a few weeks ago they set the Nitro Coupe et & mph record-so we got a hooking track from one end to the other-i agree with jason-outside groove/maybe top to middle of corners

playing stupid here.. but seriously.. would pressure washing the asphalt to remove oil dry and dust from the surface in the corners.. then have drivers run the top line ..... help any??? maybe a little acid mixed in to rough up the asphalt?

Abrungot,

Pressure washing would be bad unless it was VERY carefully done. It tends to break up the asphalt, leaving you with a bunch of tiny rocks. You would need to go real low and steady on the pressure.

Best option would be spray the track with VHT or syrup, then drag it with all the old tires.

On the subject of syrup and ants, when I lived in Ft Worth in the 80's to early 90's, I raced radio controlled oval cars as a side to the big cars. We had a race on a tile floor in the Waco Convention Center every year during their car show. The first time they did it, they got Dr. Pepper syrup and sprayed the oval layout. Lots of bite, but they left it on the floor that night, and we didn't get to finish the next day because they had a million ants they were cleaning up.

Had this momentary vision of 200 PETA Track Huggers laying in the turns to protect the ants. Then realized not a problem. Fire ants don't check credentials before they bite the sh#t outa ya.

Laughing till my sides split!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lived near a PETA freak once. Didn't bother her to belly up to a steak buffet, or work the leather seats in her car overtime. She was about 3 whole chickens and an order of gravy fries past 400 pounds..........

all those peta people are a bunch of friggin tofu farting hypocrites.......a bunch of people with no life sitting around thinking about what they will protest next...........just save us all some time and swallow a bullet, i hear they are low calorie, but unfortunately they are tested on animals.............tehehe.............mmmmmm steak.....

Question

If something was done to the track to improve traction and the Fast time was broken... should the driver get the bonus?

Regardless of any track treatment, the local classes would have to qualify for a new track record to be set. This is apparently a thing of the past, so the question is probably a mute point.

Either way, if we would have qualified this season or last, our old track record would most certainly have fallen. I've personally seen it broken several times in practice by our car and Teer's car. Others have probably done it also, but I routinely time these two cars. Not sure about the other classes.

cs

I've personally seen it broken several times in practice by our car and Teer's car. Others have probably done it also, but I routinely time these two cars

I think that's a complement Bobby!

Maybe Brian will change it up once or twice this season and do qualifying...I hope it's on a night I am there if he does...should be something to see...

budman-thats usually how a dragstrip buys it is by the 5 gallon container-cause they're only going to use it on the starting line-put it in a big coffee can with holes in it like a big salt shaker and shake it out or pour it on a folded towel and pat it on a bald spot on the line-i dont know if some gypsum companies would sell larger amounts or not-

• 5 years later...

Archived