collection for the 09 llm

ss10

I just wanted to know if this kid driving the 09 LLM passed his driving test at thunderhill? The rule states if the driver is younger than 16 he/she must pass a driving test by a thunderhill official before racing at Thunderhill. And the other If he did pass, does he need glasses to see what is going on around him? I am willing to pitch in to buy a pair.

Give the kid a damn break. It was his first race, I've seen grown men make plenty of mistakes who've been racing for half their lives. I'm sure he'll be whipping all of your asses very soon! Remember he is still a kid you dont need to be bashing him.

Kyle did a great job! He was going into turn 3 quiet hot, but he was usually able to hang on to it... until a car go in his way. The only thing I can think is that he was looking too short, instead of looking around the turn. No biggie. I don't know if any of you were there last weekend, but the same thing happened to TWO TPS cars coming off of turn 2. Like racerx said 'stuff happens'.

ss10...

this is the wrong kind of thread to start. Bad move.

I didn't have any problems running with Kyle last night

even went up and wished him good luck before the race.

Get it fixed Kyle and we'll see you at the next race.

And Leland I think you won the My car is more loose than your's award,but I came in second.lol

I am glad that he has a fan club. I didn't say he was unable to drive, did I? No. I just was asking some simple questions.

As for giving him a break, If wants to race at thunderhill, great. Thunderhill needs the cars. It just seems that he was driving a bit over his head, thats all.

have you ever been in over your head? I have , we all have. your problem may just be his age. I am sure that more than a few people put too much into this age thing..But until you race side by side with him every race weekend don't pre judge.

"I didn't say he was unable to drive, did I? No. I just was asking some simple questions. "

by saying he needs glasses you are implying he can't.

save your money on his glasses

I am sure he learned a lot...the car is a lot heavier and faster than what he is used to in an actual race...as for fan club, I don't know about all that...I am a fan of just about everyone, but especially our young guys with potential...they gotta learn somewhere...

People complained about the occasional young guy in cup up until recently (After Jeff) and now days if you shave your to old. If we don't help them we can get used to watching more of the NC, Wisconsin and California kids.

It isn't his age, just his inexperience in a late model or any other heavy car. If he were 25 and coming out of Allison Legacys, he might have the same problem adjusting to the much larger car. Give him half a season or so, and see where he is then.

Yes, I did think, watching the crash, that he could have handled it better; but I wasn't in the car, so I'm willing to give him another shot.

Anybody remember Marc Currey's first night out in a late model at Thunder Hill?

Anybody remember Marc Currey's first night out in a late model at Thunder Hill?

I did, and I thought about including it, but he's a friend and I didn't want to remind him. They had the best looking car contest that night...he won the trophy...and then promptly went out and lost it under the flag stand taking the green...took out another brand new car (Stewart)...very heavy damage $$$ to both cars...

Larry-

My point was and is that Marc Currey is an excellent driver, but he made what he himself said was a rookie mistake, and that coming from someone moving up from a street stock, not a Legacy car. I think he came back and won in the late model just two or three races later.

As the scientists say, one experiment doesn't prove anything.

if i remember right , mark won the following week....sure do miss him- whatever happen to 'crash em up currey'????

agreed...100%...

PS - If the insurance would allow Kyle race in USRA , I would put him in a truck myself and would not be concerned to race along side of him. It's too bad about the USRA min age thing, because the trucks are a good stepping stone between the legacy and late model...

It seems to me that if his competitors are ok with it, the track is ok with it and his parents are ok with it then maybe this should become a dead issue. I still think that maybe he shouldn't be in it, but there are people that think I shouldn't have bought my 16 year old daughter a mustang, and that I shouldn't be allowed to drive large 4 wheel drive trucks. We all have our opinions. Bottom line is the majority of his competitors (maybe all) are ok with it and if there is someone who doesn't want to race him they don't have to I don't guess. They can watch from the stands if they want.

kyle always did a good job in the legacy cars, and i am sure he will do good in the llm cars, the only thing i am wondering is why he jumped from legacy to llm, and didnt move up to the street stocks or hobbys or whatever they call them at thr.........why go from a 4 cyl to the fastest thr class without racing the one of other classes first to get used to the heavier cars before going to the top class.........like i said i know kyle will eventually kick ass in the llm, just something i was wondering.............

alot of people go from a 4 cyl. car (legend, legacy, etc.) to a late model JR Norris, Brian Vickers, to name a few, there is a driver in the Hooters procup series (Andrew Rogers) who went straight there from Legends cars and is doing well, I think smaller cars are a good stepping stone for the LM's, IMHO.

I'll agree with that even if he kicks my butt on the track

atleast were seeing some younger kids getting involved

and I'm all for that.Good luck Kyle your always welcome in the #77 pit.But watchout for that hair cut i'll keep a bowl with me.

Archived