Dillon Coyne(Boerne) went home with the feature win in the scheduled 20-lap DCRST event, but no bounty. Billy Groff led lap 1 but gave up the spot to Colby Ubanovsky on lap 2 while Coyne and Ty Paxson were on the move forward. Paxson would exit on lap 3 negating anyone's chance at the bounty money.

Coyne took over the top spot on lap 6 with Dylan Budnik getting second from Ubanovsky. The final half saw several cautions forcing officials to shorten the race on time. On the green, white, checker restart Coyne got a good jump on the field and went on to win in his Coyne Trucks Inc., Matrix Concepts, Fuel Clothing, ZX10 powered, 87 Arizona Chassis.

“New front tires,” said Coyne. “Those old tires were stamped 2004. I got them out of an attic. You put new tires on it and goes where you point it. It's pretty nice. I know Dylan, he, Ty and the Spreens are all from Boerne, and he's a bottom feeder. If I stay on the tires he's not going outside. The grip was on the tires anyway.”

“I didn't know he(Ty Paxson) pulled off. I was wondering where he was. The first caution I saw him mid-pack. I knew he'd be there eventually. At the second caution I didn't see him back there. I had $100 bounty on him starting tonight. I was thinking I was going to get that, but he pulled off.”

“This was a little bit more like a demolition derby than a race though.”

Archived