ARCA @ Kentucky

USRA33

Hey all,

I'll be at the Kentucky Speedway This weekend Racing in "The Harley Davidson of Cincinnati 150" the race will take the green flag on Saturday, May 14 at 3:00pm Eastern. Catch the race live on SPEED. Good Luck to Jc Umscheid and everyone working on the 24 car this weekend. Wish me luck. Have a great weekend.

Robert Jr.

The ARCA race has been cancelled due to rain they have decided to race it tomrrow i will find out the time and post it on here

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 14, 2005

Richardson and Crew to Play ‘Waiting Game’ at Kentucky

Just as he feared, Robert Richardson (McKinney, TX) saw rain dampen the track at Kentucky Speedway.

Richardson woke up this morning in anticipation of qualifying at 8:45 a.m. CT for the ARCA RE/MAX Harley Davidson Cincinnati 150. Instead, Richardson and the #33 Victorylanegirl.com/Ford Taurus team – which includes his father, Robert Richardson Senior and crew member Ray Roberts – saw rain falling outside their hotel room.

The team soon learned that both qualifying and the race, scheduled for 2 p.m. CT, had been postponed. ARCA officials and Kentucky Speedway officials will hope for better weather tomorrow and hope to get the race in then.

“Right now, we’re hearing they’re going to try and start the race at 1 p.m. (ET, which is Noon CT),” Richardson said from his hotel room this morning. “That should translate into a 10 a.m. (ET, 9 a.m. CT) qualifying run. We’ll know the starting times for sure later tonight.”

Richardson said he did get in some practice yesterday.

“We were running about 28th or 29th in practice,” Richardson revealed. “We have a better car than that, so that’s mostly my fault. I was trying to run the same line as I did in the (NASCAR AutoZone Southeast Elite Division Series) late models. What I learned is that the car we’re running now handles a lot different so I will have to adjust my line. However, if we don’t have any more practice time then I’ll have to make that adjustment when we qualify (Sunday morning).”

Richardson added, “That’s a scary thought, because we should be running better. My team is doing everything it can, so it’ll be up to me to run well in qualifying. We have a lot of good drivers out here, so it’s going to be very competitive if we get everything in tomorrow.”

J.C. Umscheid is in Kentucky to perform crew chief duties for the #24 ARCA RE/MAX entry run by Randy Havlik. Umscheid, who runs the #52 Parsons Racing Team Chevrolet Monte Carlo, is expected to stay with the team in Kentucky tonight, meaning he won’t get a chance to run in tonight’s United States Racing Association (USRA-TX) Super Late Model race at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway.

- 30 -

THRSS1,

Sorry to say, but the race is not on TV, live or tape delay.. :(:(

go to kentuckyspeedway.com for the info..

Archived