Texas boys get some love

ups88john

Guest ezhoustonite

no offense to robert or casey but brandon and bradley should be on there before them. guess speed51 is one of those sites where u have to pay or they make people think you suck.

I think they're just not as familiar with the Texas racing scene, give them a few years and then we'll take a look at their draft. But on the other hand alot of those guys seemed to be on that site alot and most of them have links to their sites so maybe their is some politics involved.

I think they're just not as familiar with the Texas racing scene, give them a few years and then we'll take a look at their draft.

Legacy,

Right on!!!

The only thing--hopefully it won't take a few years..instead, THIS is the year that local racing--through folks like Larry Latham and the TSZ group, Terry Dickerson and USRA, all the race track folks and us media types---make the entire nation aware of what's going on down here in Texas!

Jason will hate this question but along those lines... is the TXSZ site being marketing to the outside? we need to break the local track loop and loop these guys the other markets.. Florida, Cali, AZ, COL... if we do that maybe we will get bigger turn outs car count wise.. and more visibility to the scene..

An example of this.. Did the NASCAR Elite guys take TXSZ home with them??

The NASCAR Elite guys took home more USRA with them than TSZ. We do plan to expand into other markets. We are fully aware of the LARGE dirt and drag racing crowd we have here in Texas.

We are working with people like speed51 and late model digest, lm racer etc. to get Texas Racing more noticed...USRA because of SLM and TSRS get national exposure. We have some stuff worked out you will see in the next few months...kind of set us back a little having Bobby go over to USRA full-time, but we have worked out a couple of cool deals. They reprint our stories and pictures.

And as Jason said, we want to use the rest of the year to get more into dirt and drag.

LL-i know your racing in houston the 28th-but on the 27th come down to san antonio raceway friday nite for the start of the "CLASH OF THE TITANS" race and see some 200+ mph doorslammers run the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds around 9 pm that nite when they start their 1st round of practice-you can come stand next to me on the line between 2 of these beast and get the full deal-i got an extra set of ear plugs for ya-all i got to say is, it will blow your mind-i think chuck and his crew might try to make it to get some sound bites from the line for the radio show-if you guys want to get more into DRAGS,i can get you about as close as you can get without getting into the car with the driver as he make a pass-from the burnout pass the the starting line,to staging,to the driver hitting the rev limiter,to me hitting the buttom to turn em loose, till they hit the finish line 6 seconds later-you'll see it all go down-plus you'll see it aint as easy as some people think to go straight with that much horsepower-believe me-i've seen it 10's of thousands of times-we're expecting over 10,000 spectators and over 500 cars for this event over the weekend of may 27th/28th-so let me know-

Tommy.

Ric Clark from the MZone Show will be there for the weekend's events..conveniently, Ric lives in SA..he'll be in touch soon. I may get down for the Saturday event, still working on scheduling...

that's great chuck-tell ric i'm looking foward to seeing him-i meet him once, but it was a couple of years ago-hope you get to make it and take in some of the action also-it will be a blast-i'll have to see if Rebelracewriters going to make an appearance so i can warn all the LADIES in advance-lol

This eagerbeaver would like to see Texas Speedzone do a draft too. This eagerbeaver hopes that it is not to biased and doesn't make it all Texas racers.

This eagerbeaver thinks that the Texas racers are good but that for it to be a real draft Texas Speedzone would need to include everybody.

I'd appreciate it if you all would vote for casey and myself, If you wanna show people how much Texans support their drivers and fans, then show em how big Texas racing is, SHOW EM, don't talk about it! Thanks for your support!

Archived