Rumor

SuperStock23

Heard from some reliable sources that the track is being purchased by the owners of Rubens fleet service.The deal is almost done.I know' I've heard this before also,but these are some pretty good sources.Also heard the first race scheduled is July 4th.I'm ready,Who's with me.

Raceways opening. Raceways closing. Raceways re-opening after being closed a few weeks. Tracks changing hands. Fan counts and driver counts not meeting expectations. We hear this way to much these days. Rumors. Lie's and more abound within the racing community. It is sad to see no direction. No stability. No co-operation. No continuity. And certainly no long term positive outlook for dirt track racing as a whole for some area's.

Look for the trend to continue folks. The assorted stories that have become customary through the last several years is not likely to change until raceways change the way they do business and the way they conduct business with fellow raceway operators and owners.

I spoke with a person who was good friends with the owner, Gary Wright and worked at South Texas/Saratoga for years, years. He said it would be doubtful if it reopened unless the people interested came up with the price Wright was asking. Which is probably why the deal with Mr Hobbs fell through. I'm told this track was built as Mr Wrights "toy" and he is not hurting for money, so as I see it, it will continue to deteriorate and grow weeds. :(

I would have liked to see someone (like Reb)talk to the owners of Ruben's Fleet service. I am not as optomistic as the purchase price I was told did not seem like it would have been an acceptable amount to Gary Wright. Everything else I was told seemed very accurate and maybe the price intentanlly was distorted. Time will tell and it's too far for me to go anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived