Rusty Luches TV Star

racerx

NEW YORK May 9, 2005 — Tony Danza got quite a scare when he and NASCAR star Rusty Wallace were racing go-karts during the taping of a segment for the nationally syndicated "The Tony Danza Show."

Danza was leading as they entered the final lap on West 66th Street Monday morning, the show said. After Wallace gave Danza's vehicle a little "bump and run," the 54-year-old talk-show host lost control of his go-kart, which flipped over.

"Although slightly worse for wear, Danza escaped with no injuries," the show said in a statement.

Wallace, who rushed to Danza's side after the crash, said, "I thought I killed ya," to which Danza responded, "Yeah … just before you retire, `I killed Tony Danza.'"

"I know you're tough, but that (was) ridiculous, man!" Wallace was quoted as saying.

The "DayTony 500" segment aired on Monday's show

post-2-1115678268_thumb.jpg

what would have been even funnier is if it would have been the other way around.....

In related news:

"North Carolina governor Mike Easley might want to leave the driving to his aides. Two years ago, Easley crashed into the wall at Lowe's Motor Speedway while driving the No. 48 Lowe's Chevrolet car for charity. On Tuesday, Easley nearly wrecked the same car during an event designed to help Charlotte hold onto NASCAR's all-star race. According to the Charlotte Observer, Easley was attempting a burnout when his car spun too far, nearly smashing into a Mercedes and a utility pole before stopping against the curb. Still, that should set up Easley nicely for a guest spot on The Tony Danza Show."

Archived