WOW THR!

KahneFan

Not sure where all the people came from Saturday night, but I think it was bigger than the USRA night. Honestly, I think a lot of them (non-regulars) turned out for the demo. Normally turn 4 is kind of empty on most nights, but there was only about a half of one set of bleachers left... including the new high rise at the very top!! The reason I'm guesing they turned out for the demo was when the rain came the front stretch and turn one (mostly regulars) kind of cleared out, but turn 4 stayed for the demo.

To the drivers - GREAT SHOW!!! There was some great action Saturday night. I will admit, some drivers were pulling the annoying "stall for the yellow", but many others would tear off out of turn four and come back on the track in a cloud of smoke and keep the race going. I don't recall who it was (Hobby I think), that did the full 360 down the front stretch and continued into turn one like nothing happened, but that was some AWESOME driving!!! Didn't miss a beat.

THR Officials - With the looming (r-word) and so many classes to get through, I must say you all did an outstanding job of keeping one class right behind the other and making sure everything ran VERY smooth. We had 5 heats easily finished by 7:30.

Wes (and the dirty 1/2 dozen) - What can I say, y'all were great as well. I didn't count the caution laps for each incident, but I wouldn't guess there were more than 5 for any of them (except the blown motor and roll over).

Overall, out of my 3 years at THR, I would say this (minus the r word) was probably one of the best nights I've seen.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great night of racing! I have a feeling we will see a lot of these new people again.

I have to agree with you. It was a great night of racing except when people waited for the yellow to be thrown. I think the officials should listen and if there car is still running after they spun out, and if the yellow is thrown and then they decide to go, then they should get punished somehow. But other than that, it was a good night of racing.

Would a 2, 3 or 5 point penalty for yellows be too harsh? That's really not that many points, but it may be enough to keep some people going.

Just as with the "all involved" rule, I think it would be hard to penalize someone for stalling for a yellow, so it would almost have to be an "any yellow" type of rule.

Drivers, I know some of you (not all) do this, but is there any way you can think of that would be fair to keep people from doing this in future? It's a pretty crappy thing from the fans point of view. The race is rolling fine, and you COULD get out of the way, but instead, we get to sit through 3 - 5 caution laps while everyone gets re-grouped.

alot of dirt tracks run green/yellow-if the cars not blocking the track-otherwise you go around em and keep racing-once they figure out the yellows not coming out they get their butt going-i raced at cowtown,boyd,abilene,ennis,bellmead,killeen,stephenville,greenville and kilgore where this was used and nobody had a problem with it cause they told you at the drivers meeting that it was going to be used, so if you spun out or ran in the infield,tangled with another car but out of harms way, you better get going or you were going to be laps down waiting on a yellow to fly-plus cowtown had a time clock in the infield and you were told your race was this many laps or this much time,which ever came first-

Yellows or not I think I had the best time in a LONG time at THR on Saturday night. There was alot of cars with alot of fans in the stands. I am not sure how you guys did it but keep on doing. Even with the amount of cautions we had I was still impressed with what time we got out of there even on a demo night. I think a few years ago that would have been around 2am or so no Saturday night. Great job to the clean up crew and all of the THR staff for getting this all done in a timely manner.

Jay Simon

#74 Hobby Stock

way to go thr, everybody did a great job sat night, it all went very smooth for the late models from my point of view, i had a great time racing, minor damage and had a pretty good run, we will see everybody next sat night, thanks from all at ison motorsports, i agree about throwing the yellow to soon, when the chambers boys opened longhorn the last time it was running he told everybody if you spin, or you get in a fender bender if its not on the racing surface we are not going to throw the yellow unyil you are 2 laps down so don,t wait git it going, plus it really makes the race much better if we can keep racing, thanks to all waddy,,,,

Archived