Trust

abrungot

I honestly could care less about the $$ someone obviously needed the cash worse than us. The kids won't pay for another's integrity issue. To those that have offered to help recoup.. Thank you.. I have already personally replaced the $$. If you want to continue to help the kids club I will not turn that down. But don't want to use this as a reason to help the kids.

I did not inform Kyle PD. I consider this a racing family issue and not a police issue. Just like the issue to be brought to the front.. You can't trust everyone in the pits. So watch your belongings.

Now to address the person that has done this. You know how much was in the bag. Make the $$ reappear and we will take it as no harm no foul. I am not going to slander anyone but I will tell you we will trust very very few.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the JRA Kids club can mail a check to:

JRA Kids Club

3401 W. Parmer LN

Suite # 2711

Austin TX, 78727

Checks can be made out to "Junior Racers of America"

If you don't want to mail anything please feel free to catch me at the track or call me. Teams can help without giving $$!!

Aaron, check your PM's.

I'd like to put out a challenge of sorts. I'm sure many have given of their time and monies already. But my challenge is to a one time or monthly donation for the Kids. Money is tight for many, but one of these kids may be a future Gordon, Truex or whoever you like to cheer for. Sow a little into some kids future...

I really hate to hear about that Aaron, I agree with Nick, who knows about were you keep the blue bag.

And Kevin, I too hate when threats are made. Would you like a list of the ones that were presented to me after the races. Lets forget about it though and go racing again this Sat.

Aaron,

This really does suck my question is you park next to my pit space correct? This is scary I had a check book sitting there and about 125.00 cash sitting in the seat. I guess with the windows down and the money and check book sitting on the seat must have been to easy. Aaron I will also help refund what was lost. If you just post on here what was lost (YOUR FAMILY) (fellow racers) will help you and the kids get that money back.

Jay Simon

74 Hobby Stock.

Wow I don't get on the web for a couple days and look at

this happening.After a great night of racing and then to hear something like this disgusts me whoever did this should be ashamed.I may not be as forgiving as you are Aaron if I find out who did this they may not make the next few races.This gives everyone in the pits Sat. night a black eye and if anyone has any info they should let someone know.

Nobody's running down CCMS. I think after feeling comfortable for years that this just wakes you up...there are a#@% holes everywhere and you don't ever know when you may become a victim. I'm with dirty...what goes around comes around. Sad as it may be it's better to lock up and not take chances.

Thank you. I was not putting down any track, especially not CCMS, just realizing how much things really have changed. When people start stealing stuff, it really changes the feeling around the tracks. Even when there are people you don't like, you always thought you could leave your stuff and expect it all to be where you left it. At least, that's the way it's been here at CCMS since I can remember. When stuff like this happens at any track, it just makes you think about locking things up.

with all the profanity in this post do ya ll think none of these kids have computers or cant read its one thing to be mad but to carry on like gang members when we are the ones to show the kids the right way to handle things and cursing at people or persons steeling isnt right but the way it makes us feel is very sad and we should be setting examples for the kids and remember it wasnt right what happened but those who did it will be not be blessed in what ever they do just ask the LORD he knows who !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never locked my truck at any race track..left high dollar video equipment laying around..check books laying around..never had a problem...dont plan on start doing it now..i think the guy's we race with every week,if they need something they will ask for it..I personaly trust everybody i race with..not going to stop now!!!!!!!

I have never had any thing stolen at the race tracks, but i know it happenes. There use to be a family and I use that term losely that raced the dirt tracks in the Houston area that when the old man went out to race the kids would go through the trailers of the racers they were racing against Smallblock get a grip i haven't seen one person using as you said profanity and quite frankly if more of the thiefs and other jerks got there butt kicked you wouldn't have theses problems

When I was a kid (many, many years ago), in addition to my drug problem (yes, I was drug to church every Sunday and Wednesday), my family had another problem. We trusted people to do the right thing.

Whenever we left home my dad left the doors to the house unlocked, "in case someone needed something." And since we lived pretty close to the volunteer fire house, he left the keys in the ignition and jumper cables on the back seat in case the fire truck wouldn't start.

Did anyone ever take anything? Yep. There were several times when someone would need something, but they would leave a note and you could count on being repaid many times over somewhere down the road.

I know times have changed, and I do lock the doors to our house even when we're inside these days, but I had always thought of the pits as more or less like the kind of family you just knew you could trust. We fight and cuss and fuss and fume at each other, sure, but I've never given it a second thought about leaving stuff like pyrometers, durometers, checkbooks, laying out in plain sight.

Whoever stole from Aaron's vehicle has stolen a lot more than just a few bucks. I hope whoever violated our trust will come to realize the seriousness of his actions and return the stolen money to Aaron.

Aaron - I know you don't want to cause people problems, but I highly recommend you take Chase's advice and report this crime to the proper authorities. Chase will make sure that whoever investigates this matter will give it their best shot.

Nick Holt

Well I never cease to be amazed...

I sit here looking at the blue bag... all money enclosed...

Thank you from the JRA Kids Club...

The lesson has been served protect your belongings.

Thank you to the Racing Family!!!!

Case Closed......

Laura and I spent Saturday night and All day till Sunday looking for this money bag.

We searched the car, truck, and her dad's truck all of which were at the track Saturday night.

I called her dad and asked him to search again Sunday night for a 3rd time just to make sure someone wasn't falsely accused of stealing. We were bewildered as to the bag could spout legs and walk off...

I remember having the bag at the track, I had gotten into it to make change. We have all week tried to figure out what happened.. Because the door wasn't completely shut we were for sure that it had been removed from the truck...

Today was Laura's first day off this week.. and she was working on cleaning up from last weekend and getting ready for this weekend.. In Her truck was a pair of my jeans, folded up in this pair of jeans was the bag. (in her tool box) Saturday night her dad and I switched trucks, we switched everything over.. I put the jeans in the tool box because i was going to be in my "Official Whites" and not in the stands, so i didn't need the jeans..

Bottom line her dad had the bag and didn't know it.. and we didn't know it was with her dad...

So with my pride tucked squarely between my legs i say sorry for such a stir.

The concern of trust in the pits is a real one, however here it wasn't broken..

It is nice to know that there are people around us in this racing family that will stand up and step up...

Hopefully they will forgive.

Aaron and Laura :unsure:

Archived