NASCAR Autozone SE Race

meyerfan

I read Brandon "led the practice times all day long", he had his car hooked up. Too bad he had that bad luck before qualifying. Bet he used up all his tires, having to come from the back twice. I wish they would come back down more often, with their regular SLM's, instead of these touring cars, and we could have a lot more cars. Only 19 cars and 3 of those were not regulars. I think the Sothern-Allstar's had like 13 cars at one of their recent shows, maybe everyone is suffering low car counts. I remember when the All Pro Super Series use to come to SA, we had several cars flying around like if that was their home track. I think the last out of towner to dominate at SAS without to much experience at SAS was John O'Neal, too bad he's not racing asphalt. We just need a big show again and I think the out of towner's will show up, just as long as there is no conflict with any other racing events. Gary Helton had a 3rd place finish, Joey Miller 23rd, Terry Mason Jr. 31st in past TMS events, maybe this time around we can have some other faces show up, but the Southeast series races on Friday at Nashville Superspeedway the day before the USRA race at TMS. I'm sure Chris Davidson and Robert Richardsdon will pull a double again.

Low car counts could be because, no late model series in America besides the midwest and I think the southwest series are getting any tv time. Also, most "prime" sponsors dont want anything to do with a series that doesn't get TV time, and with some drivers not able to pull sponsors, they have to come out of their back pocket just to make a few races, and even if they win the purse, it still isn't enough to fund what goes into the race car per weekend. After a while people get tired of it and won't go to certain tracks either because they know it is a good possibility something is going to get torn up, or they just don't care to go. So, series' like ARCA, Hooters, etc. are getting all of the car counts. ARCA is getting record entries every race so far this season. and Hooters is getting bigger every year. BUT, with USRA doing the "double down" deal, i would think more cars would be attracted to it, but I don't think alot of people around the Nation know about it yet. Maybe try advertising on SPEED51.com? or a magazine like Circle Track? I hope as much as everyone else does, that USRA will eventually explode into something that everyone at some point will want a piece of. They are just getting the ball rolling right now. I read a post on some forum a while ago, about having a race at SAS or Houston similar to the Snowball Derby, or the Rattler etc. That would be great, and I would imagine it would have a decent car count., But look at where most of those type of races are held...in the Southeast...where most of the racing goes on. The Midwest is steadily growing, and if people could drive clear across the country to SAS or HMP for a decent amount of money, they would. But, in time, things will progress. Hopefully sooner than later.

roberts right on the tv-just in the last few hours i've watched the hooter pro cup series race from lonesome pine raceway and now the nascar west series race from phoenix is on speed channel-and both races had over 30+ cars

Archived