NASCAR Autozone SE Race

meyerfan

Expensive Tickets BUT WELL WORTH THE SHOW !! It sure was nice to hear the TEXAS crowd cheer when our Texas drivers names were introduced ! I missed what happened to Davidson & Bendele, tough luck good racers. But way to go for Cofford & Bumbera. I was even more impressed with Crofford when someone told me they did not even test the damn thing and it was his first time to drive it and compete in the series !

Maybe Crofford has got a new number with #99. Great racing.

Guest HMPFlagman

It was a great race! It was exciting from my seat, the few times I was able to turn around and look in the stands I saw ALOT of people standing up! Thanks for everyone that came out last night!

I missed what happened to Davidson & Bendele, tough luck good racers.

It was a great race. Right after the green flag dropped Crofford turned down into Davidson coming out of turn 2 and cut down Davidsons right front tire. In my opinion not a smart move. When your a visitor to a touring series and almost everyone else is racing for points you should show them some respect and know you can't win the race on the first lap. Anyways, no caution was called and it took Davidson a couple of laps to get in under green. They got the tire changed and it looked as though something was dragging. He came back in one lap later and spent several green laps in the pits. Davidson went back out and was never in contention.

Bumbera raced hard as well as Bendele and Richardson. Richardson got turned a time or two with out hitting the wall and that seemed to put him out of contention.

Bendele was running good with about 10 laps to go and Crofford helped him stuff his car into the backstretch right out of turn 2.

As far as Crofford goes he wasn't the same clean racer I've seen him be in Romco. It was like he had something to prove, but went about it all the wrong way all night long. :angry:

Im not sure how Bumbera finished.

As far as the race, Dusty Williams in the 40 led the majority of the race untill somewhere around 2/3s of the way when Jeff Fultz took the lead. Fultz had the race in the bag untill he had a tire go down and had to pit under the green. This turned the lead over to the 2 I believe with Jason Hogan running second for the lead. The race was concluded with a green, white, checkered after Bendele's crash.

Guest ezhoustonite

our guys do not need to be taking each other out! He is right about what happened between the 99 and 41. 99 just came down and rammed the 41. Bendele got stuffed into wall out of 4 by the 99 damaging something on the rf and a few laps later it let go. This guy normally is pretty clean and yes he does have his wild times. This guy does not need to try and be a hero. I will admit I was going for him, 41, and 00 since they all are from my hometown. Sad our guys have to wreck each other. no poor excuses just poor driving on the common factor in each problem. meyerfan must be related to him.

The race was great Richardson and Davidson were going for points I agree about the 99, he should of had more respect better luck next time Chris, as for Richardson way to bounce back after getting turned around twice and still finishing in the top ten way to go. Good luck this year boys and show em that Texas boys can whip ass too.

I tell you,those out of state guys sure know how to set up a pass and finish it without wrecking each other.Maybe this is one reason I saw six of them paling around together without a care in the world,before the race.The passes,that I saw by them,were a clinic on how to get around somebody on a "so-called" one groove track.M. Crofford was a big surprise.He was very aggressive,and fast.When he gets the "smooth" in the mix and doesn't bounce off of other cars,he will be hard to beat at any race.

Very good race guys,and thx for the awesome show.

I can't believe I was even thinking about going to SAS.6 late models in their feature would have made me cry lol.

It was a good show and a quick race, I only wish there was 50 more laps to go and have them come in and make some pit stops. All our locals did well in the race, besides Chris Davidson, he never got a chance after his early accident. When the green flag dropped, he jumped out early and passed several cars on that first or second lap. After he got hit, I think he drove it around one more lap hoping for a yellow, but I'm telling you these Southeast officials are not quick to throw the caution. I think Chris might have had something for these guys. Bumbera should have been out front a bit longer, but got bumped. Crofford did very good, eventhough he got into some our own, but I'm sure it didn't matter who it was he was just racing hard, excelllent finish. Robert Richardson was strong all night, coming back for an 8th place finish, good job. Brandon maybe should have had a 3rd place finish, starting 18th out of 19 cars, got to the top 10, got sent to the rear for getting into the 1, and then made a hard charge to the front. He was actually starting to battle for third with the 98, it was the 2, 92, 98, and 08, after the 54 got a flat. The 40 actually got on the inside of Brandon and they might have bumped each, that's when the other guys behind them got into Brandon coming out of turn 4, causing him to hit the front stretch wall, then soon after that you could see that tire rub that later caused the flat. I just hope next time one our Texan's wins, I'm still proud of our boys, they didn't get pushed around and all had solid runs.

,those out of state guys sure know how to set up a pass and finish it without wrecking each other.

Turbo, no offense but were we watching the same race? :huh: LOL Just off the top of my head there was Wakefield spinning Bumbera out of the lead, Norris rooting Williams out of the lead and Williams nearly taking the nose off Richardsons car trying to find a hole that wasn't there.

Those guys were brutal on our guys and their own. Like one driver put it, "If you don't have to race with them every week, why be nice."

I read J. Hallas review of the race in the news section.

I am truly amazed that J. Hallas can watch a race and document an accurate review of the race events. Not much gets past him..

I say this to anyone who will listen..

Jay Rebelracer Hallas writes the ABSOLUTE BEST race recaps I've ever seen..

No one is close for 2nd place...the battle is for 3rd.. :D

I tell you,those out of state guys sure know how to set up a pass and finish it without wrecking each other.Maybe this is one reason I saw six of them paling around together without a care in the world,before the race.The passes,that I saw by them,were a clinic on how to get around somebody on a "so-called" one groove track.

I agree -- a how to pass clinic indeed

Jay Rebelracer Hallas writes the ABSOLUTE BEST race recaps I've ever seen..

No one is close for 2nd place...the battle is for 3rd..

I agree that Jay Hallas is really good at his race recaps . . . much more accurate that I could ever be!

But, Chuck, I have to disagree with you about your second point . . . Carolyn Oefinger (GoGirl) who does the SAS recaps does an excellent job, and I'd definitely nominate her for second . . . or maybe somewhere up there next to Hallas!

I have to agree with the comments on passing but would add that it was also a clinic on getting passed. For the most part when a car was being overtaken he gave the other car room to race. Often it resulted in a pass, other times it didn't but it made for some very exciting racing every time. I'm afraid that in Texas all too often when a spotter tells a driver "Inside" the interpretation is "I've got one last chance to keep from being passed." Unfortunately, many if not most of the cautions this past Sat. night involved Texas drivers.

A large part of the problem with racing in Texas falls squarely on the shoulders of drivers. Battling someone hard but clean makes for exciting racing. Turning down on them and crashing both cars only makes for boring arguements afterwards. If drivers put on a better show it sure makes a promoters job easier. Tell me why 19 cars can come to town and put on a show that puts all of our touring series to shame? jp

After reading all of this it seems that some want to blame the houston drivers for all the mistakes. I feel like this is a mistake , I'm new to this sport coming from Drag cars but I did notice that the #98 car :o took out a Houston guy ( #0 Kenny Bumbera.)No need to start what he did in turn 4 and carry it all the way to turn 2 before turning him around. but hey it's racing. Bumbera made a nice recovery and went on to finish 7th If I recall right. Davidson was knocked out by another houston driver , and the out of town guys came away looking like a flower. Why? Crawford could have easily put #98 in a wall a couple times for not getting out of the his way while knowing crawford had a much faster car. Bad move, Crawford was nice enough to not put him in a wall, prob. because it wasn't his car but someone got a gift that night.

For my first race I have to say it was eventful. Met alot of driver's and got to meet one of my old Drag racing buddies Kenny Bumbera again. Gotta say that old man can still drive for a man who hasn't been in the seat for over a year. He must have spent alot of time on his new Dyno getting that motor to run like it did.

Great race guys and keep it shiny side up!

Archived