kurt busch gone wild?

ProTree

heard coming from the drag races sat nite kurt busch went off on nascars a@# after his 1st lap crash-threw a bottle at a nascar official and said some stuff that could not be printed-ought to be a good week coming up in the papers and talk shows-lets see how the nascar gods handle this one-since he is the defending nascar champion and nascar said he wasnt acting like it-CAN"T WAIT TO READ AND HEAR THIS S#@*

Defending champion's word choice spurs NASCAR action, warning

By JIM UTTER

ThatsRacin.com Writer

DARLINGTON, S.C. – NASCAR officials apparently have grown tired of reigning Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch's propensity to bad-mouth series officials over the radio.

He did so again Saturday night after he was parked for two laps late in the Dodge 500 at Darlington Raceway after failing to follow an official's directive.

While arguing the call on pit road – which was to stop on the backstretch after he passed the race leader under caution – Busch bad-mouthed officials over his radio, then revved his engine and tossed a water bottle at an official.

After the display, NASCAR ordered Busch to cut off his engine and held him for a "cooling off" period. He was allowed to return to the track, but told to report to the NASCAR hauler after the race.

In the meeting, Busch was given what will amount to his "final warning" regarding his language directed at series officials, sources confirmed.

Busch may yet face some additional formal penalty next week, NASCAR officials said.

Asked for a comment after his meeting with NASCAR officials, Busch didn't offer much. "What a great race," he said. "You guys see that race? It was great."

The race had already gone badly for Busch before the late-race run-in with NASCAR. He wrecked exiting Turn 3 on Lap 2 and spent the first part of the race in the garage undergoing repairs.

He eventually finished 37th and dropped two spots in points to fourth. He trails leader Jimmie Johnson by 229 points.

Busch has had other run-ins with NASCAR regarding his choice of language.

During the July 2002 race at Daytona Beach, Fla., Busch received a three-lap penalty for "unsportsmanlike conduct over the radio."

He received a similar penalty as well as one for intentionally causing a caution in the 2002 all-star race at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C.

"a final warning"-how many warnings does he need-throw a bottle at an official-doesn't matter who you are-SUSPENSION should be in effect-and a few weeks ago a mans carb was ok'd before the race by a nascar official and then illegal after the race and he gets DQ'D-no points-no $$-nothing-guess nascar doesn't want to upset the "CAT in the Hat"-doesnt he own like a 1/4 of the field-the "CAT" has won what,5 out of 10 cup races-lol

As a Busch fan,it's getting harder and harder to remian that way.There are thousands of Justin Diercks out there that could tool that machine around the race tracks as well as Busch does.I'm guessing NASCAR is thinking more and more about when to make that "big example".Giving the reigning champ the boot would definately wake some racers up.

i'm guessing ya'll are suggesting science should start cloning racecar drivers instead of goats and cats???

me and a friend had a discussion about this last week...it's sickening how just like the cookie cutter tracks are enveloping the old tracks and traditions/ all the drivers have the same monotonous attitudes-they all say the same thing in interviews, hell they even all have the same haircuts now....it's a damn good thing earnhardt came along when he did....he'd of been witch hunted right out of racing in todays logic....i'd rather see a guy get down right pissed at himself and others because he wants to do well than just hear"this sally's shop for sissies chevy was runnin good today-i guess it was one of those racin' deals , but we'll be back next week" .........SAY IT!!!! he's pissed you off and you wanna run over his ass and come back for 2nds with a hammer.....because you did'nt work that hard to get there to show no emotion......

'FIGHT THE POWERS 97'

or if someone knocks out another tooth of Busch's maybe that will settle him down. It worked before, Spencer has even gone on record talking about how he feels he helped Busch become a better driver. NASCAR will certainly not do anything about it, if this were Boris Said, he'd be in trouble.

CrazyHorse....one of the reasons I like Busch is because of what you just stated...but throwing things at the officials is getting a little carried away.If I had to chose the throwing over the perfect little angels right now though....I guess I can handle the throwing for awhile. B)

i'm guessing ya'll are suggesting science should start cloning racecar drivers instead of goats and cats???

me and a friend had a discussion about this last week...it's sickening how just like the cookie cutter tracks are enveloping the old tracks and traditions/ all the drivers have the same monotonous attitudes-they all say the same thing in interviews, hell they even all have the same haircuts now....it's a damn good thing earnhardt came along when he did....he'd of been witch hunted right out of racing in todays logic....i'd rather see a guy get down right pissed at himself and others because he wants to do well than just hear"this sally's shop for sissies chevy was runnin good today-i guess it was one of those racin' deals , but we'll be back next week" .........SAY IT!!!! he's pissed you off and you wanna run over his ass and come back for 2nds with a hammer.....because you did'nt work that hard to get there to show no emotion......

'FIGHT THE POWERS 97'

He already whines enough... Why whine more?

You know most of these young drivers have lots of talent and huge amounts of seat time in their short lives. What they do not have is the life experiences to deal with both the social and economic pressures imposed on them by moving up the ladder so quickly. Their are very few of these newbies ,that from what I have seen, had to drive,wrench and pay their own way to the top. Most, not all, have come from either well funded or well connected families or teams. Maybe, just maybe that could be why the car counts are down at the local level. People are losing their drive when they notice that is what it takes to make it to the top and realize that no matter how good they are that if they don't know someone, but can drive like hell, they are going nowhere. Maybe, just maybe.

Archived