Not Racing, but a Golf Tournament

Rookie49

Texas Youth Outdoor Adventures, a non-profit foundation that takes at risk and disadvantaged youth on hunting and fishing outings is holding a fundraiser golf tournament and silent Auction on 5-20-05 at Northcliffe Country Club Just North of Schertz/Cibolo on I-35. Hole sponsors and golfing teams are needed. Contact me through this forum, or e-mail or call Mr. Barry Klinge at 210.379.3738 for more information.

Thanks,

Johnny

While we have let a couple of posts promoting non-racing, charity events slide over the past couple of weeks, TSZ is here to discuss racing and racing-related topics.

Please do not post announcements for non-racing events here on TXSZ.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Nick Holt

Well Nick what's the problem? Are you drawing the line because Jean Nesser is prettier than I am, (the rest of this unfair sentence was edited by me). Just for the record, I was trying not to use up too much of your space here, that's why I hadn't posted the full flyer or quoted it chapter and verse. By the way, contacting racers and race fans through this forum is an excellent racing related way to accomplish the goals of many charities. It shows people how compassionate and generous the racing community is and makes people want to get more involved with racing, not just as racers but also as fans. If a racing team, track, racing sanctioning body, or driver wants to sponsor a hole, then how is that not racing related.

Be carefull how you answer Nick, you might never get through Cibolo without getting stopped. The Honorable Rookie49 was elected mayor of Cibolo last Saturday. It was evidently a hard fought election too, cause I heard some guy named Uncontested put up a hell of a fight!

i think its good for racers to network-its a 2 way street-gets racers involved in good things to help non racers-gets non racers involved with racers in racing-another way to expand the fan base-

Rookie49,

Prior to your recent post about this matter, I exchanged email with the TXSZ owner about the posting of non-racing related announcements for charitable causes, political endorsements, church announcements, bean suppers and the like. I sought his advice on how to handle such announcements and he advised me to let these two posts stay (Ms. Nesser's and yours), but that we do need to draw a line somewhere before the forum goes too far away from its roots.

So, I will let your post remain and I will let Ms. Nesser's post remain, but consider the line drawn.

Regarding your speculations as to why I am drawing the line here:

1) I have no idea what you look like, and, since I am happily married and intend to stay that way, I have nothing to say regarding Ms. Nesser's or your relative physical attractiveness.

2) A person's particular religious orientation is a matter of personal conviction. If you have a religious preference, it is unknown to me. Whether either you or Ms. Nesser are a Christian, non-Christian or of any other persuation does not enter into the equation here.

3) I don't have time to look back through the forums to see if we have ever disagreed on anything, Rookie, but if we have, so what? If everyone agreed on everything what's the sense of even having a forum??

Bottom line. Your post is still up as is Ms. Nesser's. However, future public service announcements need to have some recognizable relationship to racing or they will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Note to self: Stay clear of Cibolo, TX.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Thank you for your understanding. There was a little frustration and a lot of tongue in cheek in my response. As far as passing through Cibolo, don't worry, just follow all the traffic laws. We have an excellent police force that thinks that if we took the time to pass traffic ordinances, they ought to take the time to enforce them. Would love to invite you, Larry, and the rest of the Speedzone to the Cibolo Fest and also to the Schertz 4th of July Parade. Maybe some of the area Racers could contact the Cibolo Volunteer fire department and maybe display some cars or something. I think that Mel Krauss may have some contact info for the Schertz parade. If not, contact City of Schertz @ 658-7477.

1) I have no idea what you look like, and, since I am happily married and intend to stay that way, I have nothing to say regarding Ms. Nesser's or your relative physical attractiveness.

:lol::lol::lol:

That gives me an idea for next weeks poll!

Congratulations to Milton the announcer from SAS and the Texas Youth Outdoor Adventures. A great tournament, went without a hitch, raised money for a hunt to take a paralyzed boy from Alabama hunting and was won by a Team which Milton played on. Thanks Milton for coming out and supporting the TYOA, Thanks to LL and NH for letting me post this here, also thanks to Jamie Fuller, Mark Fuller and Alamo Body and Paint for their sponsorship.

Thanks Rookie49

Call me next time you know of something like this taking place. Better yet post it on the speedzone so we all can be made aware. You, Mrs Nesser, and all of us need to post more things like this.....We are all one big family.

I know you and Mr. Fuller worked on a deal to re-build an elderly ladies house that was torn down.....Thats what its all about.

Tom

rookie-glad your tourney was a success-i was going to see if you had a long drive hole,but i've been so busy getting ready for local & district events(hitting 100's of balls a day) coming up in dallas, oklahoma,louisianna to try to get to mesquite,nevada for the world finals(about $50,000 for 1st place) in long drive, i would of come out and blasted one,(on a good day 350+then some roll-we're like racers-depends on wind,humidity,temp plus if they cut the grass the day before our event and when the last time it rained-we'll even goes as far as travel to a state that has lighter air like colorado to get some distance-if you ever have a tourney with a long drive hole,let me know-we'll come unleash the RED HOT CHILI PEPPER LONG DRIVE CLUB by KRANK GOLF w/the ACCUFLEX EXTREME LD XXXX SHAFT on a PINNACLE EXTREME DISTANCE BALL -see-i even named my sponsors

if you ever have a tourney with a long drive hole,let me know-we'll come unleash the RED HOT CHILI PEPPER LONG DRIVE CLUB by KRANK GOLF w/the ACCUFLEX EXTREME LD XXXX SHAFT on a PINNACLE EXTREME DISTANCE BALL -see-i even named my sponsors

Gee guess ya went to the Mikey Waltrip school of sponsor recognition... :)

lol speedracer24-got to have em-its like racing-NOT CHEAP-you can buy a whole set of regular clubs for what one of our custom drivers cost-everybody always looking for the lastest in technology and it wont come off the shelf at some store-

What are you using for a head(CC, deep face?, low face degree?) How does face "bulge and roll" come into play in designing a maximum effort deal like long driving? How long a shaft are you using? Do you use one of those REALLY tall tees for max launch angle? Just curious.

Jay

jracer98-head is 460cc-titanium-cor.830 the limit-9 degree loft-smooth face no grooves,want the least amount of ball spin,less spin equals more distance and carry-shaft is nano tech graphite-weight is 78grams-lenght is 50.5"-torque 3.0 degrees-flex is 4X,high bend point,very stiff for hi swing speed and use stinger 4" tees with very small head on it to reduce friction and spin when you make contact-sometimes you change flex on shafts depending on swing speed-higher speed use stiffer shaft -lower speed use a shaft with more flex like a 1X or 2X to get more kick at contact-and it helps to have several of these cause you never know when your going to destroy one-they tell us there's 50 million golfers but only about 15 thousand long drivers so companys will use LD'ers to test their drivers and abuse em to get imput

with the coefficient of restitution "right on the line" does the head hold up to the big impacts for long or do they develop stress fractures pretty quick? Do long drive competitions make you use a spec ball? If so, how does it differ, from say a pro v1, in your experience?

Jay

jracer-yes-hitting with alot of swing speed, sometimes head will explode on impact-develope cracks etc-have clubs for practice and hit very few practice balls with your competition clubs-as for balls-we have to use the pinnacle gold distance maximum velocity(they're the ball sponsor)-the pro v1 ball to me gets about the same distance if you hit it sweet-pinnacle has 330 dimple design and pro has 392 dimple design-both are low spin, high velocity,claim straighter distance drives since you have to hit it in a 40 yard wide grid 300+ yards away-like my signature says"when i hit it i dont know where its going-but its going to leave here pretty quick"

Archived