One announcer

I know Terry is trying to help and I think he is doing a great job with the track, but I like Milton doing the announcing alone instead of hearing the singers and people being asked questions by Terry. It is obvious most of the people being asked questions would prefer not being asked questions. I think Terry is a lot more entertaining on his golf cart.

I dont know, Terry didnt even seem to be doing so good on just the golf cart the other night with his little "inspection" of the front wall. :D I'm used to going to SAS and sitting for 30 or 45 minutes between races and listening to some horrific 80's dance music, and anything is better then that. This year we've brought some new people to the races and some people who havent been in years and they all commented that they enjoyed being more involved and that it was a much more "entertaining" environment. This may actually be a succesful attempt to involve the crowd and make people excited about the racing. You know what they say about opinions though so...

I will only say that the nights at San Antonio Speedway this year seem to be about three hours shorter, more action packed, twice as entertaining and for the first time I feel like my entertainment dollar is being well spent- in the past I felt like it was way overpriced , but if I wanted to see racing I was stuck paying it. And yes the announcing is part of the improved package. My entire family enjoys Terry's ad lib and input. It appears to me that Terry has a rodeo background, and the interaction between the ground guy (him) the crowd and Milton in the pressbox is following the model of the pressbox announcer, rodeo clown and crowd that you see at the rodeo. It works there and it is working here. Watch the races on TV, There is the anchor announcer, the play by play, and the color commentator. They recognize that even over the TV people want more than just and introduction of the driver.

sundancer

I know its hard to except change sometimes. But give it time. Terry and Milton are great. I think they work well together. They both can be serious and funny. SAS is lucky to have them both. I know your not trying to bash anyone but give it some time.

Sundancer, are you related to Milton or is he just paying you? Just Kidding...

I agree with you that Milton is great and everyone is entitled to their opinion...I usually don't pay attention to that stuff, I am just there for the race action myself, but Milton is one of the rare ones that makes me listen to him...Milton is one of the best I've heard at engaging the crowd and making them laugh, but Terry should not stop...we need more of it at ALL the tracks...That is no bash on the other announcers...crowd entertainment is THE job and it's not reasonable to expect one person to carry the whole show...

A long time racer (since the 70's), supporter/sponsor ($$$ over the years), and successful businessman was on the front stretch when Terry was introducing the trucks at SAS and the guy said "This is what has been missing for a long, long time" "He is making it interesting for the fans and the race hasn't even started"

Mark Cuban of the Mavericks was able to sell out his arena before the team got good...and they had been bad for a long time...he told everyone he was in the entertainment business, basketball was just a part of it, the main thing was the EXPERIENCE. I think that "experience" is reflected in Rookie49's comments.

PS - Rookie...good call, Terry was a rodeo clown...insert joke here!

As well as myself, I returned to SAS after a long away due to the past, but went to the superlate model show and was impressed and went to the spring fling and was impressed, Terry no doubt adds to the announcing side, but you have to work together, it seemed to me that at the spring fling Terry was the main announcer and others were to jump in when they could, now I personaly thought Terry was entertaining and there is allways something going on, no boring down time now, Hats off to Terry for for having a hands on with the track, he is entertaining no doubt, the golf cart/wall was way too funny, as for the dual announcing, its like anything else.. give them time to work together and they will gell, anything is better that what was in the past, and seems Terry and crew are a great improvement.

Guest bigfat

Now I wish they had speakers in the pits ( that worked ). I'd like to know what all the hype is about, before and after the Sportsmans race that is.

did this Terry Dickerson guy annouce races at the Monster Trucks? His bio on the usra site talks about his background. My son came up for mothers day and after going to the races in San Anton with some friends and sad it looked and sound like the guy that did the annoucing at the Monster Truck shows at Texas Motor Speedway.

Ring the Bell............First time poster :D

Archived