TSRS offers THR LM winner extra $1000 to win

MAN Racing Promotions announced tomorrow night @ Thunder Hill Raceway, in the THR Late Model Class Main Event-should a previously registered 2005 Texas Super Racing Series-Late Model Driver whom has raced one of the two events ran this season WINS; Man Racing Promotions will pay that Driver an additional $1,000.00! Making it possible to WIN $1,500.00 for 35 laps on the 3/8 mile asphalt track!

Mary Ann Naumann

This is a cool deal for James.

Wouldn't it be cool if they would pay the street stocks something for the 11 laps they ran?

cs

I just got a message from Greg Gurley, THR competition director. Greg has indicated that the THR management team is discussing the way the SS race ended and looking at options for the SS drivers/teams as far as the payout is concerned.

Whatever their decision is, we appreciate them taking the time to hash this one over and look for a fair resolution.

cs

Just to bark facts here.. this post did not trigger that discussion it was the rain saturday that did..

Aaron, thanks so much for "barking" that fact.

I don't think any of the SS teams care what triggered the discussion. We certainly don't. We're just glad they are discussing it and we appreciate it.

FYI, I don't expect any post on TSZ will motivate track officials to take action one way or another. They don't manage their track by this board, nor should they.

I do, however, enjoy TSZ as a place where teams can communicate with one another and get feedback from other teams. If anything, that was the sole purpose of my post.

If I hope for the track management to take action on a request of mine, I'll contact them directly, which is what I've done regarding this issue.

On a more important note, good luck catching the thiefs that stole from JRA. They should be wearing handcuffs!

cs

Chase.. completely agree... I may stand in turn 4 however i am human too... this board is a great communication tool when used correctly...

Saturday night was awesome and sucked at the same time.. we fought the rain for the features.. and did everything possible to speed up the show... but you know mother nature didn't pour.. just a mist that well you can attest to.. made lexan windshields with no wiper blades a serious saftey concern.. hats off to the drivers for standing strong and trying to race thru it..

as for JRA...I wish i had a security cam.. cuzz man.. its not the $$ that really hurts its the intent!!!

sure did... that was the best part of the night!!!

Stopped one time for a fire minor fire... other than that... there was some serious hard hitting

All drivers vowed to return with even more cars on July 23rd I think there were 10 or 12 cars..

THR should let the Street Stock Drivers in free next weekend...they wouldn't have to worry about a payout, and I think everyone would agree to it...just a thought though...

THR should let the Street Stock Drivers in free next weekend...they wouldn't have to worry about a payout, and I think everyone would agree to it...just a thought though...

I believe that is a great IDEA. I know that the heat races were done but you guys all know that the SS is the class that makes THR. I would keep the SS guys happy and by letting them in free next week would be great.

Jay Simon

#74 Hobby Stock

Archived