SAS 4/29/05

JamesHigdon

I was waiting for someone to start this thread but didn’t see it yet so figured I would while it’s still fresh, I just wanted to thank Terry Dickerson and his crew for working SAS back towards its former glory. It was pretty amazing to see 18 NASCAR latemodels on the track again for a points race. I can just about guarantee that any weekend you can watch 18 latemodels take the green for a 40 or 50 lap race for around 10 bucks that it’s the best thing going in SA for the money. We got to the track pretty early for qualifying and listened to the drivers meeting from the stands and for anyone who didn’t hear it or hasn’t heard Mr. Dickerson speak he really does have all the enthusiasm it seems he does for making the track what it should be.

The money for Oates to go to the back and the ensuing show he put on for those 5 or 10 laps was also probably worth the admission money alone, neat idea.

The impromptu 1 golf cart demo derby on the front stretch wasn’t bad either, I was just afraid they where going to have to use that one tow truck or one rollback to move it away… <_<

Thanks for the effort, great show

James Higdon

The TAMS race was great, overall it was a great night of racing. Nice to see all those late models show up, thanks for putting on a show. It would be nice to see 3 or 4 of these 75 lapper's throughout the season.

They should interview the driver's involved in the wrecks, while in the pits getting repairs or when there is a chance. I know they do this at the Snowball Derby, it's really cool.

I thought it was a good show to with the exception of BOTH of our cars ending up on the roll back.

The sportsman car was not hurt to bad, other than the hub & body damage.

The late model was not as lucky. I think when the #37 car went over the top, it sheared off the carburator. Lots of body damage & some front suspension parts but so far no real frame damage. They think it can all be repair by this weekend, if we get lucky and find some body parts.

Justin is a little sore, the hit in the drivers door hurt but the car & roll cage did its job.

I am glad everyone involved was ok.

Guest rocketdog15

Terry Dickersons said at the drivers meeting, If by midway through the night, the Late Model drivers would commit to it, he would put up the same money, and do it again next week. I didn't hear what the result was, but maybe some of the late model guys from around south Texas can call the track and get this going again for next saturday.

Archived