Jr Fans upset in Dega

racerx

Papa-

Don't know what you saw. Jr hit Wallace, why we don't know (Wallace checked up? Jr got sucked into him by misjudging the draft? just one of those racin' deals?), and Wallace tagged Jimmie, who held onto his. Wallace didn't, maybe flinched trying not to touch Jimmie, or trying to get out of his way, and they were off. Didn't look like JJ checked up, either before or after he was touched, and he was ahead of whatever was going on.

As for the solution, it's simple: take the banking down. But, like most solutions, it's obvious (like, if you want to reduce fuel bills, quit using SUVs for station wagons); we just don't want to do it, so we keep looking for some other magic solution.

I thought they said it was caused by a mistake Jimmy Johnson made. Just what I saw and heard after the race. It looked like to me that it was Junior the caused it at first. Maybe just a combination of errors.

looked like a combo deal to me...they were crowding the outside line too close to the wall...JR bumped the 4 and made it unstable...but it seemed like the straw that broke the camel's back was when JJ came up too far real fast and made contact with the 4 while it was still unstable...that contact by JJ probably would have cause a wreck by itself anyway without all the other stuff...

I think LL is right, JR Tapped the 4 and while he was a tad loose the 48 came up and hit him in lt frt fender then JR turned him..just a racing deal for sure..6-million junk yard..best qote of the day..for sure..

Last year I went to the Texas race, Talladega a few weeks later and then the Bristol Night race in August I was at the race in Talladega when they took 4 extra caution laps, then called the race giving the win to Gordon, The fans where upset it took the track so long to clear the track and didnt see a green flag finish. Talladega is a awesome track, they beat and bang like their at Martinsville. Bristol is by far the BEST track. Theres no way to describe the feeling down in those mountains and in that bowl. The one track the fans can be louder than the cars, I was there 2 years ago when Bush took out Marlin for the lead(with his broken nose). The fans went crazy. Oh, you have NEVER seen a party until you've gone to Talladega. LL, hows your party on the Beach goin to be, I just bought a bag of beads, lets see those boobies.........lol

if the guys from alabama-the state will name a day in his honor-probably let him do the coin toss at the alabama/auburn iron bowl football game-his wife/sister said he was just showing his a*# as usual and her son/brother just joined in and now she got a good picture for the family room wall-lmao

The front left corner of Mike Wallace's car touched the 48 in the right rear,causing it to lose a little traction and drift up the track.On that track the cars don't drift down when they break lose.As far as the hendrick guys showing a little humility...they just don't...take the blame...never.Are they the best right now?...yes...maybe a little responsibility should go along with being the best.I know it sounds like I'm bashing the "Gordon Man",but I'm not.I just see why peeps don't like him.The first Winston Cup t-shirt I ever bought was Gordon's.Coca-Cola 600 1994...his first win...the shirt is the "ready to rumble" shirt...very cool.

If you watch the replay again, you might notice that the rear end of the 42 car infront of Mike Wallace got a little squirley after JJ checked up. It was a combination of errors, but I feel that Jimmie Johnson is more at fault for moving up like he did. JMO.

The best view,and least shown,is from the camera showing the feild coming towards it.The front of the 48 car hardly even moves,and you can see the 4 car's front end going up and down because of the push.Once it hits the 48,very lightly,the 48 car's rear pops up the track quickly.A driver can't do that with the stearing wheel.I guess if I gave ground on this one a little...you could say the 48 should have held on a little better and kept control...like all the rest were.

As far as the man ,kid and his wife go , the father should be hit in the grill with a crank shaft , both fingers jammed in his eye sockets and neutered. the kid should have his ass zip tied to the fence with his ass toward the track for 500 laps with his pants down , how about some wind burn from cars for 2 or 3 hours,rivit bth middle fingers together. Oh yeah what about mom ? , put her in the zoo so people can take pictures of her and if she has another little heathen it will be in a cage where it belongs. I know it sounds harsh but if this happened at t-hill ,how many good families would come back to expose their kids to this kind of backwoods behavior? not many. :angry:

Ok as many know I am a big Gordon fan and I work for Lowes so I pull for JJ also now with that said if you watched the incar camera from directly behind JJ it showed him get loose before any hit no matter how light by Wallace... Also I remember telling myself when JJ was doing my interview that it was funny how it was everyone elses fault untill he saw the playback himself and started to backpeddle on what he had said... At that point I was thinkin no wonder some fans dont like his attitude... Just from a different perspective... BTW did Jeff steal one of those restictor plates from DEI to come back to the front passing 3 cars with no help that was some awesome driving I dont care who you are... Inside pass to outside pass to go from 2nd to 4th was one of the best passes for position I had seen in awhile...

Marc

JJ came up into the 4 and that's it, plain and simple, everybody saw it on the replay. As for the restrictor plate racing I think it's probably more entertaining when you see it in person. Just like when you see the restarts, all the cars are gathered up side by side for a few laps and that's cool. Can you imagine how boring the race would be, like in Bill Elliot's case, just one dominant car lapping almost the whole field, cars spread out, maybe a few stacked together, that sure would put a lot of people to sleep. I enjoy the short tracks they run, now that's racing.

CONCORD, N.C. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. called Jimmie Johnson an "idiot" and blamed the Nextel Cup series points leader for causing a 25-car accident at Talladega Superspeedway.

"If there was one idiot out there it was him," Earnhardt said during a break Tuesday in a test session at Lowe's Motor Speedway. "To be honest about it, I think Jimmie Johnson caused about all the wrecks out there."

Both Earnhardt and Johnson were at the center of the massive accident in Sunday's race at Talladega that wiped out half the field and ranked as the second-largest melee in track history.

Earnhardt was behind Mike Wallace on the front straightaway when he used his car to push Wallace ahead. The practice is called "bump drafting" and the drivers had been asked by NASCAR in their pre-race meeting to be cautious when doing it.

But when Earnhardt used his speed to get Wallace moving faster, Wallace wiggled just a bit. Johnson drifted up the track at the same time and ran into the side of Wallace.

The contact sent Wallace careening into the wall, and 24 other cars piled up behind him.

Earlier Tuesday, Greg Biffle blamed Johnson for the six-car accident that knocked Biffle and Earnhardt out of contention in the closing laps. Johnson bounced off the wall, and when he tried to save his car by moving back down the track, the cars piled up around him.

"I hate to point fingers, but if [Johnson] hadn't been in the race, we wouldn't have had those wrecks," Biffle said. "I've seen both replays and I don't care what anyone says. I like Jimmie. He's a talented driver. But he caused both wrecks.

"Bump drafting had nothing to do with it. Restrictor plates had nothing to do with it. It was orientation to where you are on the racetrack and where the other cars are," Biffle said.

Johnson deflected the criticism for both accidents, saying the first was a series of events that culminated in the big wreck and the second was "hard racing."

"I think that our wreck on Sunday was a racing incident," Johnson said. "If you took one of those components out of what took place to start that big wreck, it wouldn't have happened. It's hard racing.

"You're an inch and a half apart from one another, cars bouncing all over. They're hard to drive," Johnson said.

Johnson, who leads the Nextel Cup standings by 130 points over Kurt Busch, has been criticized recently by his fellow competitors for his driving style.

Jeff Burton was angry with Johnson after Bristol, where Johnson hit him from behind and sent him into the wall. And Tony Stewart has been feuding with him on and off since Daytona, when Johnson blocked him up and down the race track in the closing laps.

Then, two weeks ago in Phoenix, Stewart said Johnson hit him to cause a spin that also wrecked Rusty Wallace.

"I don't know what he was doing," Stewart said after the race. "He was running guys up and down the racetrack."

Both Johnson and Stewart said at Talladega that everything was fine between them.

Jeff Gordon, Johnson's car owner and teammate, defended his protege Tuesday and said Johnson is upset about all the criticism.

"I talked to him and I know he's feeling really beat up over it," Gordon said. "But he really feels like it wasn't his fault. To blame one person in that accident is very unfortunate because I don't think it was any one person."

waaa...

Archived