Jr Fans upset in Dega

racerx

"Just after the race ended, a young boy in Dale Earnhardt Jr. regalia and seated just in front of the press box was upset that his driver didn't win and, perhaps moreso, that Jeff Gordon did. The lad, perhaps 7 years old, showed his displeasure by extending both of his middle fingers upward toward the track. His father noticed the gesture and, you guessed it, added his fingers to the salute. In the absence of Norman Rockwell, Mom was there with the digital camera, recording the moment for the scrapbook. And, thankfully, she still had the camera out when her cherub pulled down his pants to moon Gordon as the four-time champion did celebratory doughnuts in the grass just in front of their seats." - David Poole Charlotte Observer

they must of been from my hometown up the road 30 miles east of talladega-where the saying is-"them folks aint right"and "when you move in your new house can i have the wheels off of it,im building a race trailer to haul my own #8"

Is it me,or are most of the fan problems happening at Talladega?Remember the beer cans?The fans hate the drivers and seemingly the race.The drivers hate the way they race there.The car owners hate the way it splits there wallets open in order to race there.All of the TV fans are saying it's boring now.Can somebody tell me why they still race there?Last time I heard about the race ratings,Talledega was way down the list.I was thinking...they should build another Bristol on one side of the infield and another Richmond on the other side,and use that extreme banking to hold up some of the grandstands.

p.s. on second thought...the Dega fans would still be there...forget it.

Papa,

I'm not arguing whether they should or shouldn't run plates. I'm just saying why they don't and won't run without them.

When was it, mid 80's or so, Bill Elliot turned a lap at around 223 mph in his coors #9 with a non-plate motor?

Budman

I know what your saying. Lawsuits are a big big concern. But if that track plans on being around very much longer then they need to get NASCAR to rethink things. The race is boring for the most part. Only when "The Big One" happens does the bordom go away. That not what I want to see when watching a race. I want to see "A RACE". People in the stands that are close to the track still have a very good chance of getting hurt if anything happens in front of them. Let them run.

Papa,

I agree with you. The plate races have gotten boring. Hell, my favorite track to watch em on is Bristol. I told a friend of mine several years ago they ought to have to run Bristol at least once a month. Brings 'em back down to the "real world" of racing. I love it when they all get mad at each other when they race there!

bewtween busch and cup-they tore up some cars-one of the mouths on tv said how many millions in dollars worth of cars, cant remember now how much it was-for awhile i thought there may not be any cars left if they had another big one at the end with a few laps to go-that would of been interesting-stop the race so they could fix em to have some cars to even finish the race-jeff should of been DQ'D-he went behind the wall before they checked his spoiler and then went back to pit road to have it checked-ought to be a rule for that-hehehehe

Sounds like typical NA$CAR Jesus fans, can of Bud in one hand, finger in the breeze on the other. :(

Easy to see now why Tony always flips off Jimmie too. Caused two wrecks, took out more than half the field, and, of course, it was someone elses fault. Thought it was real funny when he was trying to blame someone else and they showed him the replay, which didn't support his account. So he then blamed someone else. I guess if you can't beat them or block them, wreck 'em! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS A$$HOLE! :angry: He has now surpassed the likes of Jack Sprague and Mike Skinner as the biggest, "It wasn't my fault, crybabies." <_<

no joke..........it is obvious from the replay he came up on mike wallace and started the big one............but even as he watched the replay he denied responsibility..............come on faggot, just step up and be a man and said you thought you was clear or something and that you appologize for what happened....

Archived