Races Cancelled at THR

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!

WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU TELL PEOPLE THAT THE RACES ARE ON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN' RAIN AND THEN CANCEL THEM WHEN THE SUN COMES OUT? :angry:

I guess I'll take my money to SAS this weekend.

Jon, this isn't aimed at you. But c'mon people!

hell i wish they would of called it earlier so i could put different gears in my car and go to SAS. I only get about one chance a month to race and needless to say this really blows and i am not talking about the wind.

load up and head to SA guys, I'm sure THR didn't really want to call the races. they may have wondered how many folks would come through the front gate tonight with the cool. no need to sing their praises all year and come down hard on them for this.

Incredible!! Did Kyle get that much rain down there?? Hard to believe with it going to be in the 70 degree range and the wind blowing the way it is that the infield wouldn't be dry enough and the track dry enough to race tonight. Oh well, going to Killeen to see some dirt track racing tonight I guess.

that sucks, but i sure would hate to have been in their shoes..........either way they are gonna piss someone off.......if they call it too early they piss someone off because the rain cleared out and they could have raced, and if they call it too late they piss someone off because that person could have done something else if they weren't waiting around to hear if the race was called........one job i definitely wouldnt want to have because one way or the other someone will be upset............jmo

Dont come out and say the races are on if your not sure. Because then were getting ready to go to the track and dont get to get on the computer again. The sun is out, you said the races are a go, so we head to the track just to find nobody there! BS

looool, i don't know if id really call that "miserable" legacy. Perfect weather, motor's fast and cool. I think that was more than dumb to call em that early, i know im prolly the 1000th person to say that, but still, it's dumb. i think i could say more, but no, it could get someone even more pissed off ( mainly me ). :angry: :angry:

-Shawn

P.S. j/k legacy, i knew what ya ment

I wasn't there, so I'm just speculating, but if the THR infield was sloppy, racing becomes iffy at best. All it takes is one excursion into the infield to get the track so muddy that it's almost impossible to race.

And if that had happened all we would be hearing about is how stupid THR was for actually holding the races in the mud..

I've said it many times before - track managers are in a no-win situation when it comes to calling races or not calling races. Either way there are going to be very unhappy people.

The real solution is to have perfect racing weather every weekend during racing season. Is that too much to ask for?

Nick Holt

Archived