Knudtson to Race Two Viking Chevrolets

Release: April 28, 2005

Boerne's Knudtson Will Race Two Viking Racing Chevrolets in Two Classes at San Antonio Speedway This Weekend

San Antonio – Viking Racing driver Eric Knudtson of Boerne thinks the season is shaping up just the way he expected as he readies both his Chevrolet Camaro and the Viking Racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo for action this week at San Antonio Speedway (SAS). Despite two bad weeks, one due to an ill-handling car and the other just due to bad luck, Knudtson finished third in both points races to start the season in the Sportsman class and sits in the top three in points.

"So far, the results are about what I expected," Knudtson said this week, "though I did expect to be at the front of the three fighting for the lead instead of at the back. But the points are really close, particularly considering I ran third in both races.

"We had some good luck, too. Greg Rohmer won the first race, but finished behind me in the second. Tator Mason won the second race after finishing second in the first race, on April 9. That shuffled the points a little and left me only ten points behind Mason and seven back of Rohmer. It's going to be a fun season."

Why two cars this week? The inaugural "Spring Fling 75" for the late models is this Saturday, April 30, at SAS and carries a $1,500.00 purse for the winner. That is expected to draw a large contingent of late models to the fastest short track in Central Texas, and Knudtson doesn't plan to miss it, so they're getting the Viking Racing Monte Carlo late model out and getting it ready along with the Camaro in which he finished second in the 2004 Sportsman class championship.

"There will be some very good cars and drivers here for this late model race," Knudtson pointed out, "an even better and faster field than we usually have. I want to be in the middle of it, going for the front," he laughed.

In addition to the first annual "Spring Fling 75" late model race, the Texas Asphalt Modified Series (TAMS) will make its first visit to SAS this season. The night will also include feature races for the Sportsman, Road Runner and Women on Wheels classes. Gates open at 5:00 pm on Saturday, April 30, with racing getting underway at 7:00 pm, a little earlier than usual.

###

T. Q. Jones P. O. Box 91346 Austin, TX 78709-1346

PH: (512) 261-5236 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

Archived