Nascar License for pits

Guest bigfat

i dont see where it would be a money maker, for the track at least.........i know i sent my license money to nascar since it is a license thru nascar, not the track.............so i wouldn't see the track making money off the sale of the license unless it's a commision type thing.........plus a licensed persons pit pass is $20, so that right there is a $10 a person loss each week an if you figure each crew has maybe 3 people thats $30 a team, times 10 teams thats $300 a week the track would be losing at least...........so i doubt it is a money making idea for the track, it seems it will be just the opposite.............but then again i could be wrong.........

It is my personal belief that NASCAR uses the number of licenses/participation as a factor in determining where to invest the efforts working with the smaller tracks...I don't know this for a fact, but I think the only way it comes back to the track is in the form of NASCAR's programs and participation.

But if you want to know for sure, you should visit with Terry Barden and ask him about it. I know he has been spending a lot of time learning about the NASCAR sanctioning and all the details, and figuring out how to work with NASCAR so the track, drivers, and fans get everything out of the relationship they can. I haven't talked to him about it, but I know it is a lot of info and details. Terry B is as good as gold and he'll sit down and talk to you about anything.

Guest bigfat

Rebelracer. I'm with you in that it isn't a money maker for the track since Nascar mandated it and not the tracks. But most licenses are obtained by passing some sort of test ( Tx drivers license, plumbers license etc.). Not just by saying give me some money and here's your license. I'm all for supporting Nascar and the track but it seems that there should be some sort of explanation for what the license covers or represents. Seems to me that the only thing it represents right now is that the person that has it dished out $90.

racerx. That seems to be a logical explanation. Does Terry have a public email address.

It is my personal belief that NASCAR uses the number of licenses/participation as a factor in determining where to invest the efforts working with the smaller tracks...I don't know this for a fact, but I think the only way it comes back to the track is in the form of NASCAR's programs and participation.  

soooo basically a commission based incentive that supports the overall revenue of operations...

(That's pretty slick)

i know ............talk to terry barden.

it's like tax payers being asked to fund a toll road they already paid taxes for in the 1st place

Guest rocketdog15

I know that part of that money goes to Nascar personal injury insurance, in case you or one of your crew are injured at the track. But, I believe the insurance only kicks in when your own insurance is done paying their part first. Also we get recognition in the Nascar Press Guide every year. As far as other benefits you may get discounts for Nextel tickets, and hotels for the big races that you might attend. Not totally sure on that last one being as I have not been able to attend any of the Big Show races.

P.S. Congrats on the fast time at THR, and a good finish. Tell Junior HI! for me.

Tommy Casey #15 SAS Sportsman

Guest bigfat

I emailed Terry a couple of days ago. Any idea of how long it takes him to respond? I'm sure it takes a while. Just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived