USRA DOUBLE DOWN

arts22

Shane,

I couldn't remember myself...I had heard $50/$25 Saturday and did not question it. I looked up the original press release and this is what it says:

Any driver who goes Double Down will immediately move to the rear of the starting grid. But, that same driver may benefit in two ways:

(1) The driver will earn $50 for EACH car/truck that he/she passes during the race. For example, if the driver starts last in a 25-car field and finishes in third place, that driver takes home an extra $1,100 for passing 22 cars (22 x $50 = $1,100).

(2) The driver will double his/her money for finishing at - or above - their starting position.

I gave Terry Dickerson a call. He didn't remember for sure, but when I read it to him he said then it's $50. He said he would add it to Josh Cheek's check. He will probably have Bobby Chaffee put something on the USRA website about it to clear it up. As you have noticed, he does a lot of talking, promoting, deal making, and he is involved in lots of things, so it's hard for him to always remember everything. But if anything ever comes up, my personal experience is that I have found him to be a man of his word in each and every case.

Hey Larry, thanks for clearing that up. I didnt make any money off it. I just wanted to know why the change.... Everyone seemed to enjoy the truck race, thats good..........

I got black flagged for speeding in the pits too. I wasnt going as fast as you, you turned a pretty good pit road time......lol.....they need to give us some kinda speed(rpm) limit in the pits, I wasnt going that fast........Thanks again.

Statement from Terry Dickerson on Double Down.

The double down price was stated in a press announcement by the USRA at the end of December 2004. The double down price for each vehicle passed is and will continue to be $50 per position gained up through the driver’s finishing position. That will be in addition to doubling the driver’s finishing position payout. I mistakenly stated that the amount would be $25. I am a man of my word and the series is a professional series and will stand behind what we say.

For example, this past Saturday night Josh Cheek was the first driver given the chance to take the double down challenge.

He started 24th (last) position in the field. His final finishing position was 15th. That was a gain of 9 positions from 24th up through 15th.

9 positions gained at $50 per position. 9 x $50 = $450

15th finishing position paid $150 dollars. 2 x $150 = $300

$450

+ $300

$750 payout total

I want to ensure everyone that the USRA and I will stand behind everything that we say we are going to do. We will not be conducting business via an internet message board. Anytime anyone has any questions about the series please feel free to call either Terry Barden at (903) 576-0205 email TerryB@USRASpeed.com or me at (903) 576-4104 email TerryD@USRASpeed.com.

Kathy, I didnt know that nor was I told about a pit speed at any other race at THR. I guess my speedometer didnt work. Oh, we dont have speedometers. If the rule is going to be enforced we need to know what our rpm is, at 5 mph.

The pit speed rule has been that way at THR for as long as we've raced there (8 years or so.) The rule is clearly posted anywhere you can find the THR race procedures. We got hit by it once also, and it hurts for that to happen. Even though, I think it's a good rule. The lighting is not the best, and there are kids in the pits who are difficult to see.

5mph is just a number. From a realistic standpoint, just taking it easy through the pits will keep you safe. It's very easy to see the difference between around 5mph and around 20mph, for example.

? makes sense-finish 15th and make more than the winner?so if 25 trucks had started and you start last and finished say 10th-you'd win like maybe $1000-i think if i had the chance to double down i would take it for sure-bank some bucks that way

THAT SHOW ROCKED!!! Probably one of the best I'd seen. Also, from the stands, you could here the gasp when the 09 spun around in 2 and had to be pushed away... after making it to THIRD!!! :o

GREAT JOBS ARTS DRIVERS!!!

Archived